MICHIGAN

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)
Stats

1616207208627-png.358283

Go Lady Vols!

Last edited:
Suspect we will play a good bit of zone against Michigan to keep our bigs out of foul trouble. We could guard them one on one aside from Hillmon. They make their living in the paint just like us. If we can shut down the paint and force them into contested jumpers we could cruise. They are a very tough team and are well coached.

We need to make it difficult for Hillmon to get the ball and when she does she needs to meet a couple bodies.

I was looking at the box score from Michigan’s first round game and noticed they had 15 TOS. Just wondered if that was typical and gathered up some interesting, IMO, stats.
All stats YTD:
Michigan
TO/Game. 15.6
Oppon TO/game 12.65
Assists/Game. 15.65
Oppon Assists/game. 11.0
TO differential. -2.95
Asst/TO 1.0

Lady Vols
TO/Game 16.7
Oppon TO/game 13.8
Assists/Game 15.0
Oppon Assists/Game 11.6
TO differential -2.9
Asst/TO. .9

For at least these measures the teams appear to be mirror images.
I still like 6’6” vs 6’2”. Can’t teach tall.

How does Michigan end up a 6 seed? Ranked 12th in the land until the very end? Seems fishy. If the LVs win, they play Baylor the 3rd most likely team to win the tournament. If they win that, then UConn, which is the 2nd most likely team to win the tournament at over 20% odds. That’s just to get to the final 4. Good luck ladies. Bring the heat.

Funny. We get through this game, then the next four games will all be against #1 or #2 seeds (assuming no major upsets along the way).

This would be the greatest Final Four run in Tennessee history, surpassing the 10-loss national championship season in Kellie's soph. year for exceeding expectations.

Funny. We get through this game, then the next four games will all be against #1 or #2 seeds (assuming no major upsets along the way).

This would be the greatest Final Four run in Tennessee history, surpassing the 10-loss national championship season in Kellie's soph. year for exceeding expectations.

I like it!

Coach Jumper's Prediction: UT 75 Mich 65

I think Hillmon is their tallest starter at 6' 2". I doubt that they have face a team wth our height and I think we can slow Hillmon down. As someone else mentioned, they are without their starting point guard also.
I think we win by about 10-12.

How does Michigan end up a 6 seed? Ranked 12th in the land until the very end? Seems fishy. If the LVs win, they play Baylor the 3rd most likely team to win the tournament. If they win that, then UConn, which is the 2nd most likely team to win the tournament at over 20% odds. That’s just to get to the final 4. Good luck ladies. Bring the heat.
Michigan went 2-5 against the top 8 teams in the Big 10 and they didn't play 3rd place team in Rutgers.

I am a little concerned about foul trouble. I'm hoping our bigs are prepared for the possibility of Hillmon being extremely aggressive and try to get us in foul trouble. If our bigs just stay straight up, we should be fine. I do expect Tamari to get a few swats today. :) Hillmon did get into foul trouble in their opener game, so maybe we establish our post present early to get her in some foul trouble. We are clearly much bigger in the post. One thing I also am concerned about, is turnovers. We had 21 against MTSU. That is extremely high. We can't afford those types of numbers the further we get into tournament play. I would love to see that number reduced to 15 tonight. 15 is still high in my opinion, but for our average, this would be below. Taking care of the basketball, rebounding, and playing exceptional defense will be the keys to this game.

Tennessee: 75
Michigan: 61

Last edited:

VN Store

Back