NCAA to meet Tuesday to consider allowing athletes to profit from endorsements

LSU-SIU

The NCAA's top decision-makers will meet Tuesday in Atlanta for their first formal discussion about modifying rules that currently prohibit college athletes from making money by selling the rights to their names, images or likenesses.

NCAA set to mull letting college athletes get paid

To me the problems are only beginning and the "solutions" are in violation of anti-trust law. LOL

"We feel like they've given us no choice," Walker said. "We have to drag them to the table because they have promised year after year to address such an egregious situation, but they've refused to do that."

Well buddy, make a call to DOJ, no new legislation is needed. The espn article makes very little sense legally. I'm unsure as to why the NCAA is even involved, it appears they are trying to avoid anti-trust by actually behaving in an anti-trust way. LOL

Its going to be fun watching this blow up. :D

Reactions: BUBear
Not stalking you scooter, I just pay attention when people post ridiculous and over the top posts.
It’s called hyperbole, creep.
No body pays that close attention to what I say unless they’re a stalking creep. It’s a damn sports forum.

It’s called hyperbole, creep.
No body pays that close attention to what I say unless they’re a stalking creep. It’s a damn sports forum.
Holy ****ing deflection. I mean if you are going to say dumb ****, you should at least own it. You calling me creep just further shows how ridiculous you are.

Words hurt scooter....................I'm done lol

I'm pretty sure this guy claimed he was done with college football and/or UT years back when all the "controversey" came out about the lady who accused the football team of having academic scandals or whatever that crap was.

You know this will be a recruiting pitch very soon:
"Our football players average $$$$ in endorsement dollars during their 4 years on campus".

It will become legal for every business establishment in town to use athletes name to promote any event and they can pay them as much as they want. Bad for teams that don't have deep pocket boosters.

I'm pretty sure this guy claimed he was done with college football and/or UT years back when all the "controversey" came out about the lady who accused the football team of having academic scandals or whatever that crap was.
You are such a creep lol

You know this will be a recruiting pitch very soon:
"Our football players average $$$$ in endorsement dollars during their 4 years on campus".

It will become legal for every business establishment in town to use athletes name to promote any event and they can pay them as much as they want. Bad for teams that don't have deep pocket boosters.
I mean dont they use money anyway as an enticement in the form of they will get you to the NFL and a high draft pick?

I mean dont they use money anyway as an enticement in the form of they will get you to the NFL and a high draft pick?
Yes they do, but when a school like Bama says you can earn at least $20k/year in endorsements while you wait to go the NFL, it will give them an even bigger advantage than they already have. Our only hope will be their boosters run out of money in a few years.

The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness in a major shift for the organization

The NCAA will allow athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness in a major shift for the organization

Like they had a choice. Never change NCAA.
200.gif

The fun is only beginning.

tenor.gif

Student-athletes must be treated similarly to non-athlete students, must not be treated like employees of their respective universities, and there should be a “clear distinction between college and professional opportunities,” the NCAA said.

NCAA that is a violation of anti-trust law. LOL

Raping women I believe.
Welcome to my fan club.

VN Store

Back