NCAA Sanctions?

amstelman

Lets Go Brandon! (#8)
In the released response, seems the university clearly places the blame for 18 Level 1 findings at the feet of JP, his wife wife and assistants. Almost hints that their actions occurred in a "what they don't know won't hurt us" environment. Perhaps, that's on PF.

Does anyone think the NCAA can act fast enough to hit us this season? Yeah, me either.

Would really like to see this resolved quickly so everyone, especially recruits and portal talent, has any doubts removed.

With all new staff from DW down, do you think we stand of chance of lighter penalties?

We've already taken some medicine with scholly reductions and no bowl for 2020 (lol) and also a reduction in official visits.

So, they would have to pile onto that.

Hopefully Sankey has already told them to back off bowl ban or SEC will make ncaa irrelevant.

Maybe they'll smack us with a few more scholly reductions and reduce some official visits just to show they are still a thing.

Oh, and a show cause on Pruitt! :eek:

They are hanging onto power rather tenuously. Overplaying their authority would backfire on them at this point. I’m not even sure they’d want to slam us if they could. I doubt anything happens.

That's why I think they will have a show of force by adding to our sanctions but doing so mildly, except for Pruitt and the show cause.

They know if they overplay their hand the SEC will void them!

Reactions: AllVolinGA
If the NCAA pushes it hard, tell'm to pound sand, we'll see you in court.
The fact that the NCAA hands out punishments with no rhyme or reason or evenly, I guess they do it on feels and the fact that TN has gone above and beyond, self reported, got rid of all involved, big self imposed punishments.
Anything more than maybe a small fine and maaaaybe a short probabtion. Tell'm let's see what the courts has to say about your practices...

fight 'em, They have no power anymore. We got rid of everyone involved, coaches, players and Chick-Fil-A and gave up scholarships, that is enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax
with no more than happened to LSU after their B-ball infractions, I am not at all worried. If anything big comes down from the NCAA tell them to take a hike, we already gave up scholarships and are still not at full strength (85) even after this years class.

So Chick fil a bags? Good grief. As if the college football world isn’t laughing at us enough for getting skull dragged by South Carolina. Now we find out the cash in fast food bags was real. We truly are cursed. SMDH.

We've already taken some medicine with scholly reductions and no bowl for 2020 (lol) and also a reduction in official visits.

So, they would have to pile onto that.

Hopefully Sankey has already told them to back off bowl ban or SEC will make ncaa irrelevant.

Maybe they'll smack us with a few more scholly reductions and reduce some official visits just to show they are still a thing.

Oh, and a show cause on Pruitt! :eek:
Agree. If it goes worse than that we should appeal until NCAA is no longer a “thing”

Read UT's response. The university's defense is that it is not a reasonable expectation to properly oversee an organization if the people in charge have made a determination to break the rules and lie about doing so.

For real. That's actually what they have put forth.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
They are hanging onto power rather tenuously. Overplaying their authority would backfire on them at this point. I’m not even sure they’d want to slam us if they could. I doubt anything happens.

IMO they won't do anything in addition to what has already been done. I think most all of the transfers were the ones getting paid, as well as all the coaches involved are gone.

Ncaa won’t do anything in the grand scheme. There will be some punishment but it won’t effect much. Ncaa realizes the position they’re in. You’ve got two uprising powers, SEC and Big Ten, you can’t risk pissing one off when you’re on the edge of irrelevance anyways.

VN Store

Back