NCAA Sanctions............

For all of you who think that Bama cheats just because Pruitt did, you need to remember that Saban isn’t Pruitts “mentor”. Rush Probst is.
I think Bama cheats because they have ALWAYS cheated! Back in the late 80's I worked for one of their big boosters. We had 3 football players on our payroll as salesmen. They drew paychecks every week like the rest of us. Only thing is they never came to work and never sold anything. The owner used to say "There is nothing wrong with it. It is just Alabama football. The rest of the NCAA needs to mind their own business." He is still alive so I am pretty sure he is still a bag man. SMH They don't have staff passing out bags of money. That is done off-campus. The staff just pretends they don't know anything about it.

The NCAA may want to make an example of a non blue blood football program.
The only example that they would be setting would be to not cooperate with the NCAA and deny everything. We cooperated and served it up to them. If they throw the book at us then no one will ever cooperate again. Why would they?

Since Tennessee cleaned house, any punishment will be heaped on the innocent.
I don’t think there should be a bowl ban or scholarship reduction. Donate any bowl proceeds to mental health or domestic violence. Scholly reductions impact the bottom tier athlete that would have gotten into Austin Peay but some guy that would ride the pine at UT didn’t get that scholarship so he went to AP,
Restrictions on recruiting and financial penalty should be all

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
That was a very smart thing for Coach Heupel to have written into his contract because i wont be surprised if there is a 2-3 year bowl ban.
I agree that it was smart but that he/his agent saw that as possible is telling.

Also, Missouri was ultra cooperative with the NCAA with it's tutor violations and STILL took scholarship hits, vacated wins, and a year bowl ban..... and the NCAA DOES NOT look kindly on getting caught actually paying players vs academic issues. When the hammer finally falls on LSU, I look for it to be heavy and when it finally falls on TN, it likely will be similarly heavy.

Reactions: Border Vol
The internal investigation along with the accountability admitted by our administration works in our favor.

Fulmer’s ineptitude is a real stumbling block. Endless touting of Pruitt, granting Pruitt a raise and contract extension months before the story broke, and finally, after announcing his “resignation” he stated “we definitely have upgraded the program” followed by “Certainly, recruiting has been good.” He is the NCAA’s star witness for “lack of institutional control” penalties.

Summarize?

Here's the only paragraph that really provides any new information:
Patrck Brown of GoVols247 said:
Chancellor Donde Plowman on Monday night provided an updated timeline for what's next in the investigation. She said on "Vol Calls" that the [internal UT] investigation should be concluded in the next three weeks, but a final resolution on potential penalties from the NCAA might not come before the start of the 2021 football season.

If that's right, we'll know by ~ 15th of March what the self-imposed sanctions are. Then it's just a waiting game to see if the NCAA concurs that those were adequate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Border Vol
Were not going to get slammed, people always want to look at worst case. Just don't see it happening here, the University caught it themselves and kicked all involved out. Many worse cases at North Carolina, LSU and Miami were involved in covering up their transgressions and they got nada, or as in LSU case still waiting. What a bad joke on the LSU deal, are you kidding me on record with paying players and he is still coaching today with no penalty of comment from the NCAA about it. I don't know if I by the FBI is still looking into that, and told the NCAA to not act yet. That just doesn't make any sense. If the NCAA goes by what they said they are looking to punish the perpetrators of the cheating not the school and especially if the school isn't trying to hide the cheating. We will see if they hold true to their word. GBO!

VN Store

Back