NCAA releases first step in getting back to competition

You asked for a reference and I gave you one. I’m losing track of what your point is other than to just argue with whatever I post. I’m advocating for allowing people to resume some semblance of normal life with protections for the most vulnerable due to the vast majority of cases of COVID-19 being mild to symptomless and a significant (arguable I guess) % of people who have already had the virus and have antibodies (Which I will concede offer protection for an unknown length of time). Your advocating for......I’m still waiting for that.

There's literally nothing about that "source" that states that 20-30% of the united states has been exposed to covid 19 and is carrying antibodies that render them immune to the virus. The byline itself even reads "it's not yet clear if those people are immune to the virus".

The point is that you are making outlandish claims, with zero information to back up your assertions. There's nothing in that article stating that the study done on NYC residents, is representative of the country as a whole, or that it should be taken as such. This 20-30% of the US population number that you trotted it, is your own misinterpretation of the data from reading the article, and has no basis in reality.

What's my plan, I don't have a "plan", I'm not a policy maker or a public health official. If I had to guess what will happen, I'd say we will see a limitation on international travel, additional lock downs on regions/countries/cities when infections balloon, a reduction in customer capacity at many businesses, all predicated on the ramping up testing and the creation of a safe vaccine and/or proven treatment regime.

No I don’t think reported dT in 201/2018 had anything to do with politics. For yeR# those resort have been based on the fact that many reported cases are not based on antibody tests and that reporting for all disease incidences are underreported. Most of the reports received are from the public sector. The private sector is not very interested in reporting because they complain about the time and money it takes to report. That is why automated health care reporting systems are so important. Those systems are much more accurate and actually saves the time @nd money. You would likely be surprised at how few General Practice Physicians still use the old paper-file cabinet records. For childhood vaccine preventable diseases, only about 10 percent of cases are being reported. When children first needed proof of vaccination or a history of disease, only about 300,000 of the about 3,000,000 children entering school for the first time reported disease or vaccination when their antibody titers showed positive. There is plenty of room for improvement for disease reporting. Of course, one must have accurate testing materials which do not yet exist the the current Covid-19 virus.

There's literally nothing about that "source" that states that 20-30% of the united states has been exposed to covid 19 and is carrying antibodies that render them immune to the virus. The byline itself even reads "it's not yet clear if those people are immune to the virus".

The point is that you are making outlandish claims, with zero information to back up your assertions. There's nothing in that article stating that the study done on NYC residents, is representative of the country as a whole, or that it should be taken as such. This 20-30% of the US population number that you trotted it, is your own misinterpretation of the data from reading the article, and has no basis in reality.

What's my plan, I don't have a "plan", I'm not a policy maker or a public health official. If I had to guess what will happen, I'd say we will see a limitation on international travel, additional lock downs on regions/countries/cities when infections balloon, a reduction in customer capacity at many businesses, all predicated on the ramping up testing and the creation of a safe vaccine and/or proven treatment regime.

“I’m not a policy maker or health official”

You sure post like you’re one

Because I cite factual data with my posts instead of making up statistics in my head?

Let it go - we’re not going to agree on anything. I said there were some independent studies, meaning they are not rigorous scientific studies, that suggest a fair number of people walking around have antibodies. 2 sources have been cited on this thread - if you dismiss them then so be it. I used that theory to assert my opinion that I think we need to get back to normal sooner rather than later. If That causes you to hyperventilate then maybe message boards aren’t for you

It was a promising read until the section on Universities having a plan in place prior to beginning the season.

Yes it does. The difference is, the Vietnam deaths were a result of political action/ inaction by politicians on both sides of aisle @nd could have been prevented. Deaths from this virus and lasting problems associated with it is is caused by nature and humans dismissing the virus as something that will pass with time. We have proven that isolation is affecting the spread of the virus in the absence of a vaccine or a treatment..
Bro you sound like a massive fascist...not accusing you of one, but that’s how you’re coming off..

No way am I wearing a mask into a 102,000 thousand people packed stadium with East Tennessee humidity.
No chance they allow 100,000 people in the stands this fall. Especially since some models are now showing double the number of deaths by August. IF the season goes at all ( and that’s a big IF), it will still be with social distancing and they might allow 30,000 in there sitting 6 feet apart. That’s just a guess on my part. Got no idea how many you could put in Neyland sitting 6 feet apart but you get the idea. They might put the seats up for bid. Highest bids get the seats. Or they do a lottery. No big deal to me one way or the other. After several recent trips, I had decided it wasn’t worth it anymore to drop $1000 on a weekend to have to put up with the drunken rubes and imbeciles that infest the stands now. Much easier, far cheaper and much more enjoyable to watch it on TV.

Bro you sound like a massive fascist...not accusing you of one, but that’s how you’re coming off..
I don't understand what you are trying to get at. It appears that you are the one who doesn't care about saving lives and protecting the entire population. You seem to be the one who only cares only about yourself and not your fellow man.
Fauci makes more sense than those other rubes that Trump keeps trotting out there.
He is a scientist, not a politician and he is very good at is job.. He is not in a position which is a political appointment. Dr. Redman at the CDC is a political appointment. He seems to be telling the truth, but is seldom called on even when present on the stage.

No chance they allow 100,000 people in the stands this fall. Especially since some models are now showing double the number of deaths by August. IF the season goes at all ( and that’s a big IF), it will still be with social distancing and they might allow 30,000 in there sitting 6 feet apart. That’s just a guess on my part. Got no idea how many you could put in Neyland sitting 6 feet apart but you get the idea. They might put the seats up for bid. Highest bids get the seats. Or they do a lottery. No big deal to me one way or the other. After several recent trips, I had decided it wasn’t worth it anymore to drop $1000 on a weekend to have to put up with the drunken rubes and imbeciles that infest the stands now. Much easier, far cheaper and much more enjoyable to watch it on TV.
30,000 would be far too high a number. I thinking maybe 8 to 10K. Remember, it’s 6 ft all around you, not just to your sides. That number wouldn’t be worth the trouble and cost to let in the gates. Plus the distance rules would go out the window due to the emotions of the game. To me, it will come down to whether the relaxed lockdowns and reopening of public places and business result in higher case counts in wave 2. We better hope it doesn’t. A football game won’t be on anybody’s list of important events if cases spike. The virus will mutate and may be already. From what I’ve read, mutations more often than not weaken a virus. That wasn’t the case with Spanish Flu. The mutated version was far deadlier. Because of mass troops coming home from WW1 and traveling by train across the US, stuffed in boxcars, the country had its herd immunity forced on them. The result was 675,000 dead in the US alone, a country less than 1/3 the population today.

watch out for a mandatory vaccines as well as chips under the skin.....they must be able to track and control you.........don’t laugh, it’s coming

Why would you need a chip under your skin when you are already willingly carrying around a GPS-enabled tracking device?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back