NCAA LV SPOLERS, Automatic Qualifiers, and other tournament NEWS!

Hold on now, assuming UConn wins the conference tourney will they move to a 1 seed or could it be Stanford or UCLA ?
They were showing this afternoon...projected 1 seeds.

USC
Oregon
Baylor
Maryland

Baylor upset by unranked Iowa State! Wow!
The Parity is real and most on a given night can be beaten as opposed to the past in my opinion. This gives the Lady Vols some hope of they don’t continue to best themselves.

A few big games to watch. DePaul is a must win team for the LVs. Only in the semifinal now in a battle with Seton Hall.

Ohio State is who were predicted in first Round right now playing in Big 10 Champ game.

Attachments

• 9B6A32F0-AD99-45E8-910D-F30EF686B8B7.jpeg
    9B6A32F0-AD99-45E8-910D-F30EF686B8B7.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 5
Tennessee legacy playing in this tourney solidify
the Lady Vols place this year and add to this that
Coach Kellie has upset several teams last year add to them or her not being invited.
Not inviting the Vols to the NCAAT is like not inviting
Obama to the Democratic General Convention , its5 just not happening.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
So with all the upsets taken place, where does everyone think the Lady Vols sit? Are we in, or out?

HUGE! Lady Vols pick up another big win today! (However narrowly- 1 more game for DePaul! )

Attachments

• 40B3A800-BF6F-4C8E-B283-2DBA1C939F7E.png
    40B3A800-BF6F-4C8E-B283-2DBA1C939F7E.png
    240.3 KB · Views: 6
Cincinnati beating UCF currently... American still a danger to become a 3 bid. However UConn is a big hurdle. Not sure about Cincinnati’s resumè

Tennessee legacy playing in this tourney solidify
the Lady Vols place this year and add to this that
Coach Kellie has upset several teams last year add to them or her not being invited.
Not inviting the Vols to the NCAAT is like not inviting
Obama to the Democratic General Convention , its5 just not happening.
Not completely sure but I think you're saying the NCAA really wants to invite the LVs for legacy reasons. I disagree, I think that was last year. That courtesy invite blew up like a lead balloon. If Creme is any indication, they are really down on the LVs this season. He's moved the bar back constantly. Gotta win just one more, three times. Maybe he's not indicative of the Selection Comm, I sure hope not because I fear they actually don't want the LVs in this year.

Thanks for this thread, gives us something to do while we're waiting.

Not completely sure but I think you're saying the NCAA really wants to invite the LVs for legacy reasons. I disagree, I think that was last year. That courtesy invite blew up like a lead balloon. If Creme is any indication, they are really down on the LVs this season. He's moved the bar back constantly. Gotta win just one more, three times. Maybe he's not indicative of the Selection Comm, I sure hope not because I fear they actually don't want the LVs in this year.

I don’t think it totally blew in their face considering we only lost by what 2 to UCLA who made a huge run. Not that bad for a 10 seed

Reactions: stlvolsfan
SPOILER ALERT 🚨 in the AMERICAN

UCF can’t take care of business against Cincinnati. Cincinnati not projected as an At-Large at the moment, but not OUT either. How the play vs UCONN will tell whether the American can gain a 3rd team.

Anyone with any idea of Cincinnati’s resumè?

Not completely sure but I think you're saying the NCAA really wants to invite the LVs for legacy reasons. I disagree, I think that was last year. That courtesy invite blew up like a lead balloon. If Creme is any indication, they are really down on the LVs this season. He's moved the bar back constantly. Gotta win just one more, three times. Maybe he's not indicative of the Selection Comm, I sure hope not because I fear they actually don't want the LVs in this [VIDEO=][/VIDEO]year.

98, last year courtesy was to Holly and don't dismiss my second reason. But hoping they do get in.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Cincinnati Resume:
RPI: 75 (will go up after today’s win by a few)
SOS: 100
Record: 22-9

So looks like they must beat UCONN for a bid.
Good News for the Lady Vols!!!

Boston College takes UCFs spot in field after UCFs loss according to Charlie Creme. Not sure where they moved into. Should be good for Lady Vols though as a team predicted ahead of us is now OUT! And another team moves in

Nah I’ll take the LVs in the NCAA first.

If we have to sit around sweating out mid-major tournaments in hopes that we can back into the tournament by default, then we truly are desperate. And "the streak" has become meaningless.

We weren't just barely making it into the tournament for its first 30 years. We were competing for championships each year. We were relevant.

The streaks that really showed our consistency as a power have already ended...being ranked, every 4-year player competing in a Final Four, SEC banners, etc...are history. If we were a top 30 team, that would be different even while being an indictment of how far we've fallen.

The pride 8n making the tournament was not just being there but being a competitive threat. Just making a token appearance is so far removed from our legacy that, IMO, it doesn't really count. It's extremely embarrassing to hear all this pity focus from announcers obsessing over whether we'll "get in" instead of whether we'll win it all.

If we just want game experience, the WNIT is available. I'm more concerned with our getting back to relevance as an elite program than maintaining a meaningless streak unless we're prepared to prove we belong by winning at least two games.

If we have to sit around sweating out mid-major tournaments in hopes that we can back into the tournament by default, then we truly are desperate. And "the streak" has become meaningless.

We weren't just barely making it into the tournament for its first 30 years. We were competing for championships each year. We were relevant.

The streaks that really showed our consistency as a power have already ended...being ranked, every 4-year player competing in a Final Four, SEC banners, etc...are history. If we were a top 30 team, that would be different even while being an indictment of how far we've fallen.

The pride 8n making the tournament was not just being there but being a competitive threat. Just making a token appearance is so far removed from our legacy that, IMO, it doesn't really count. It's extremely embarrassing to hear all this pity focus from announcers obsessing over whether we'll "get in" instead of whether we'll win it all.

If we just want game experience, the WNIT is available. I'm more concerned with our getting back to relevance as an elite program than maintaining a meaningless streak unless we're prepared to prove we belong by winning at least two games.

quit cussing, wnit s a four letter word
NCAA or go home
Good enough is not good enough
If we play in the WNIT, this staff loses one supporter
Not the program, I am a LVFFL...But to set a precedent like playing in the wnit is something I won't accept

NCAA or use the summer to get back to the NCAA !!
No gray area for me!

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back