NCAA First Round: The Official #5 Tennessee vs. #12 Oregon State Game Thread, 4:30 ET, TNT

being a Tennessee fan tucking sucks. We are the most underserved fan base in America and have to put up with humiliation after humiliation. I’m so damn tired of never even coming close to meeting expectations in any sport much less exceeding them.
After a while and following UT for years, I’ve become somewhat “callous” to the disappointment.

One of the reasons why Johnson isn’t ready for the NBA, the decision making with passing. Pons didn’t look, but why did he give it up? It’s all about urgency, and they lacked that tonight. Surely they realized that if they lose, the season was over?

Not having Fulk in the lineup coupled with the alliance between the Beavers and the refs was just too much to overcome.

Ya. Barnes has to go. I'm fine with Barnes in the reg season and his ability to get us to the postseason. He is abysmal in tournaments. If you want to win big, he is not the answer unfortunately. His offense is horrible. That 2019 team made him look good like Dobbs made Butch look.
If we lose English, watch recruiting drop like a rock, too.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Yep. Again , the Beavers have no business athletically being on the floor with UT. But in the Dance, if you don’t bring it from the start, an underdog will take your lunch money. And that’s what has happened today.
Oral Robert’s won also. OSU was a #2 seed!!

This team looks like they’ve never played together before. No energy. They look lost. Oregon state wants it more. Pathetic

Effing embarrassing ! Barnes didn't have 'em ready to play. Hell, did we even scout this team, they absolutely abused our great defense. Ruins the whole effing Tournament for me. No, I only had UT winning 2 games, so it didn't destroy my bracket. I just thought we had more heart than this, if Oregon St beats us and played as well as they did, today, I tip my hat to 'em. But to completely get blown out from the start, I cannot effing stomach that. Barnes should be ashamed and take some blame for once. Now, our best 3 players are gone, at least, what a waste of that talent. I'm not depressed, I'm despondent
I'm not sure he managed to get us ready for a single game this season. He has a track record so he gets a pass (especially with the COVID stuff), but another season of this dreck and he'll be looking at retirement with Kim English ready to step up.

Unexpected early exit but not totally surprising.

Welp, time to do some cleaning after I complain.

VN Store

Back