NCAA extends recruiting dead period through Dec 31st

Tnphil

NCAA extends D-I recruiting dead period through Dec. 31

The NCAA revealed another update to its recruiting dead period on Wednesday. The NCAA has extended the Division I Recruiting Dead Period until Jan. 1, 2021. That means there can be no on-campus or off-campus contacts, no on-campus or off-campus evaluations, no involvement in camps or clinics and no official or unofficial visits through the end of the calendar year. However, general correspondence, including emails, text messages and phone calls will be permitted.

NCAA extends D-I recruiting dead period through Dec. 31

The NCAA revealed another update to its recruiting dead period on Wednesday. The NCAA has extended the Division I Recruiting Dead Period until Jan. 1, 2021. That means there can be no on-campus or off-campus contacts, no on-campus or off-campus evaluations, no involvement in camps or clinics and no official or unofficial visits through the end of the calendar year. However, general correspondence, including emails, text messages and phone calls will be permitted.
It's long overdue for the NCAA to be disbanded

I would guess this has a lot to do with high schools in some states not allowing guest on campus. I'm in North Carolina. Our school doesn't allow any visitors. They could go to the game, but our school wouldn't want them talking to the student. We also aren't playing football here yet. The colleges can get the same evaluation that our high school allows from film.

I would guess this has a lot to do with high schools in some states not allowing guest on campus. I'm in North Carolina. Our school doesn't allow any visitors. They could go to the game, but our school wouldn't want them talking to the student. We also aren't playing football here yet. The colleges can get the same evaluation that our high school allows from film.
Its not that at all

Care to elaborate?
It’s a way of saving money and spend less money on non revenue sports. Saving money for coaches/facilities. D2 and down are allowed, does Covid not affect them? Our HS’s are playing (minus Nashville city schools). Their desires are always searching for cost cutting expenses and Title 9 has gotten in their way for years to a degree. Now you see announced shortening of seasons 9 months out and conferences crawfishing on canceled football seasons etc. Im all for cost cutting measures but in these bloated universities the waste is most always elsewhere. The savings will most assuredly be sucked in to pet projects

VN Store

Back