NCAA coronavirus advisory panel details how fan-free college football games are likely

If this indeed happens, perhaps it will be only for the first 3-4 games only.

If this indeed happens, perhaps it will be only for the first 3-4 games only.

Perhaps? But, these experts have seemed to fall in love with thier new sweeping powers to control. Remember back during the first few weeks of this when everything was about "Flatten the Curve". It was said over and over and over as the reason and the goal. The fear was supposedly overwhelming the hospitals and entire healthcare sys. After @ 3-4 weeks of watching the curve hardly even happen and our hospitals are ghost towns and many are now on the verge of financial insolvency bc there are no patients. Well, did we rejoice for such Providence, free everything back up, and then recommend caution out there as we got back to work? Uhhh, here we are in late May!

My point is that it's basically impossible to judge with any accuracy how many weeks are going to be locked down due to the mass hysteria.

So put the athletes at risk. got it.

The risk to athletes, even if every single one caught it (a low probability), quarantined for a few weeks, and resumed action, is next to nil.

The average age of death of this virus is actually higher than the average age of death of humans in general. Let that sink in. It only poses a significant risk to very old people with already existing comorbidities. That is why we should've started with nursing homes, not society at large, when addressing its spread.

I don't think it's a matter of putting kids at risk as much as it's an acknowledgement that it's nearly impossible to control the risk/liability in a massive crowd.
I'm not an attorney but how anyone could possibly prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they contacted a virus in the confines of Neyland Stadium and not the day before, on the drive to the game, at the parking lot, walking to the game, etc.?

Plus there was an incident years outside the Hard Rock in Nashville where a city owned transformer blew up killing one and severely burning two. By state law Nashville's liability was limited to $250,000 for the incident. So the dead man's family and two survivors got to split 250k. Not saying that a bunch of Bart Durham types won't try to sue and wind up costing the university to defend itself but I can't see there being a big payday.

Some folks like to keep moving he goal post. The virus numbers are dropping like the titanic and people are now wearing mask when it would have made much more sense back in march and early april in the height of it all. Just like the stores that were open the entire time have just now put x's out to stand on but that is many days late and a dollar short. It's all being overplayed now, but the people are figuring it out. Let the people decide. It's like the journalist at first just putting the mask on their neck, then once they got busted out on it they were them while the conference is going on but the second the conference was over the other day these so called worried journalist are seen all taking their mask off once the press conference is over all huddled up and talking together in groups. They are FOS, they are not really worried about mask, it's all for show to them. Even the nascar race after the race many crews in background with no mask on. I am sure they wanted them to wear them for show on camera, but you could see several after race without their mask on. People are getting a little tired of all the social distancing crap and told where they can and cannot go. At some point without no spikes in the virus the restrictions have to come off, especially in areas that have are not experiencing any major problems. God Bless and GBO!!!!!

There a guys on these teams that love playing football. They have worked for years to get to where they are and plan on getting to the NFL to make life changing money. If this season goes away, it takes away a game that they love and maybe their chance to get that check.

Letting these guys play might be the best thing for them. Even without fans.

Get them on the field competing. That’s hat we all want.

A big fat TV check, exposure, keeping the donations flowing and giving the players a chance to play.

You think people
A big fat TV check, exposure, keeping the donations flowing and giving the players a chance to play.

Donations will stop if not allowed to attend. If they keep thousands of dollars given to be able to buy tickets and don’t allow you to attend, donations will be zero. With this economy heading the way it is, folks who love going may discover how nice it is to stay home.

Reactions: esarmstrong
The risk to athletes, even if every single one caught it (a low probability), quarantined for a few weeks, and resumed action, is next to nil.

The average age of death of this virus is actually higher than the average age of death of humans in general. Let that sink in. It only poses a significant risk to very old people with already existing comorbidities. That is why we should've started with nursing homes, not society at large, when addressing its spread.
I am not arguing against the season. I am arguing against having a double standard solely for entertainment purposes. I say open up and lets get it on. But....... if they want to have games without fans, then that creates a double standard. Hey.... if everyone is ok with a double standard, then I guess we will be watching games without a crowd. Kinda sux though.

VN Store

Back