Ncaa cancelled baseball too?

The eligibility question is easy
finish this season next fall. Allow one semester overlap of scholarships

A one size fits all approach will work only if everyone is on the same page. I heard on the radio that the conference commissioners and the NCAA folks were not in communication and that even schools were acting on their own. I don’t know if it’s true. But in one step, the NCAA decided what was best for everyone. I am no fan of the NCAA but they didn’t have any good options imo.

I could see the 30th but to cancel the entire season now is ridiculous. The experts are not the ones saying stop your life. They are saying be cautious. This is paranoia. I'm not just talking just sports but all of life has stopped for some people. I hold to the fact that we have lost all sensibility. I do sit here stunned at how we as society have responded to this the past several days. I have a faith in a higher being that is in control. As one of my favorite pastors said, "When God starts wringing His hands, then you can get worried. Until then He has everything in His control." My God's got this.

I don't disagree with some of this, but the fact that these leagues are canceling tells me there's probably more to it than simple "overreaction". There's no way all these sports leagues would shut down their season and forgo millions if not billions on overreactions. I tend not to assume people are overreacting when I don't have all the facts. I also chuckle because people who complain about overreacting also are usually the ones that would complain that not enough was done if something bad happened.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. In the end, if canceling sporting events is deemed what the best course of actions is, so be it. Sports aren't a right.

I don't disagree with some of this, but the fact that these leagues are canceling tells me there's probably more to it than simple "overreaction". There's no way all these sports leagues would shut down their season and forgo millions if not billions on overreactions. I tend not to assume people are overreacting when I don't have all the facts. I also chuckle because people who complain about overreacting also are usually the ones that would complain that not enough was done if something bad happened.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. In the end, if canceling sporting events is deemed what the best course of actions is, so be it. Sports aren't a right.

I agree 100.

This won’t help

Attachments

• 15E147DE-83AA-4EC4-8E9B-247878572FE9.png
    15E147DE-83AA-4EC4-8E9B-247878572FE9.png
    409 KB · Views: 61
Cancelling any June event during March is a complete overreaction. The Olympics may very well be in jeopardy due to all of this, but do you see their guys panic cancelling the Tokyo Games four months in advance? Of course not.

I'm stunned, genuinely no clue what the NCAA thinks it's accomplishing here.

Per SEC Twitter. ALL activities cancelled including practices until April 15. If they can’t practice and use facilities until then it will be very difficult to resume this year.

VN Store

Back