Ncaa cancelled baseball too?

NCAA cancels remaining winter and spring championships
March 12, 2020 4:07pm
Today, NCAA President Mark Emmert and the Board of Governors canceled the Division I men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments, as well as all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships. This decision is based on the evolving COVID-19 public health threat, our ability to ensure the events do not contribute to spread of the pandemic, and the impracticality of hosting such events at any time during this academic year given ongoing decisions by other entities.

The SEC, Big XII and ACC should just have a makeshift tournament if things shore up in time to get back on the diamond by mid-April.

Though, realistically, I expect that this renders the SEC's current suspension moot and that there will be no more sports played after this odd Bryant vs. Samford softball game on ESPN+.

This is incredible. We've lost all sense of sensibility over this. I sit here stunned.

I'm sorry, didn't realize you were the expert on this. How about you call some press conferences and tell everyone how they should react.

Or just maybe, they know more than you do.

I'm sorry, didn't realize you were the expert on this. How about you call some press conferences and tell everyone how they should react.

I could see the 30th but to cancel the entire season now is ridiculous. The experts are not the ones saying stop your life. They are saying be cautious. This is paranoia. I'm not just talking just sports but all of life has stopped for some people. I hold to the fact that we have lost all sensibility. I do sit here stunned at how we as society have responded to this the past several days. I have a faith in a higher being that is in control. As one of my favorite pastors said, "When God starts wringing His hands, then you can get worried. Until then He has everything in His control." My God's got this.

I agree with Preacher. I won't be giving any press conferences though.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yep. There was no need to cancel the CWS series now.

There was really only one reason it was done now and that was money

I disagree. Some conferences were suspending indefinitely, some had a date of the 30th. The NCAA would be charged with figuring eligibility which would be impossible if some conferences played games and others did not. Good luck with that.

If it magically goes away, as the President initially suggested, the NCAA can back track saying they were on the side of caution.

What can’t happen is some leagues carry on and others do not.

I disagree. Some conferences were suspending indefinitely, some had a date of the 30th. The NCAA would be charged with figuring eligibility which would be impossible if some conferences played games and others did not. Good luck with that.

If it magically goes away, as the President initially suggested, the NCAA can back track saying they were on the side of caution.

The eligibility question is easy
finish this season next fall. Allow one semester overlap of scholarships

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1

Good point about conferences having different dates, everyone would need to be on the same page.

Good news, we should have zero cases in the US any day now. 😬

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back