NCAA at it again...

I think he'll probably win on appeal but.... I can kind of see the NCAA's point here. It's a little shaky to claim hardship based on being 2 hrs from home vs being probably 3 hrs from home where he is now. There are several FBS schools closer to home than VT.

Last edited:
The problem is there is no rhyme or reason to the NCAA approving transfer waivers. Look at Justin Fields and Tate Martel. Were their cases better than this one?
They had no choice in the Justin Fields situation. There was an ulterior motive obviously, but no way they were pushing back after the racial slur.

Reactions: 05_never_again
They had no choice in the Justin Fields situation. There was an ulterior motive obviously, but no way they were pushing back after the racial slur.
Yep. They've absolutely eviscerated in the media if they didn't approve that transfer. Does he leave Georgia if Fromm was leaving/graduating? Of course not.

Which is why I don't know why every single kid that wants to transfer doesn't use the same exact justification.....its a slam dunk

I heard that the main basis is that Va Tech is 5 miles outside the 100-mile radius requirement. Had his mother been 5 miles closer they would’ve granted the waiver.

VN Store

Back