‘23 NC WR Nathan Leacock (Tennessee)

I think this account is worthy of a BUMP. It appears to me, that this guy was an important target for this staff and they got him. We shall all have to wait and see if his size and speed and being an elevated target for his team this year will translate into a ratings bump. As good as the services are they cannot be expected to project growth and development. They rated a pretty average size 175 lb guy with film from his Jr year... things change.

So I will sit back and see OVER TIME whose evaluations and projections up to this time are more accurate, the services or our staff. They will take some risks and win some and lose some, but barring injury, I think this one is a win for the good guys. I do feel confident this is not a late in the cycle reach into the three star pool. I HOPE his SR production and highlights gain him a ratings bump. Regardless I am thrilled with all three guys mentioned in this piece based on their measurables and our staff making them a priority.

EDITED to add, this was in reference to post #640 in this thread.... thought I had cut and pasted it....

Ok, it likely means something has gone wrong. Seems like you could’ve made that leap without my help instead of being a pedantic crybaby.
LOL... find a mirror.

If he’s the next AJ Johnson immediately that’s a good thing. But it means our upper classmen at the position are being outperformed, so isn’t that something going wrong in a sense? Idk it doesn’t matter. Just say you disagree and go back to troll patrol dude, idc.
You just can't do it... can you? It doesn't matter but you just can't admit that you wrote something that was not correct and a conclusion a "pedantic crybaby" might jump to. Classic.

Great pickup with Leacock, he should be a 4 star.
There's a video on youtube of his team vs Rolesville. It isn't edited and unfortunately shows some reasons why he may not be higher rated. He has a lot of potential but needs development.

LOL... find a mirror.

You just can't do it... can you? It doesn't matter but you just can't admit that you wrote something that was not correct and a conclusion a "pedantic crybaby" might jump to. Classic.

There's a video on youtube of his team vs Rolesville. It isn't edited and unfortunately shows some reasons why he may not be higher rated. He has a lot of potential but needs development.

sounds all most all high school players. Can hardly wait for him to mature and get some sound coaching.
't

LOL... find a mirror.

going around a message board and warning people not to say something that could be wrong later is just weird man. Welcome to sports, some takes are gonna be wrong.

I already qualified my original statement which is what bunched your panties to begin with right? If Herring is a starter mid-season it’s very likely not a good sign for the program. Maybe I should have said it less matter-of-factly, but hey now I know your trigger.

And don’t say "Classic". It’s so cringey. Unless you’re going for that Summer’s Eve sponsorship, then go crazy.

Nathan Leacock should be a low 4 based on measurables alone. I may not measure every statement on whether the 5% chance it could be wrong will serve me crow later, but I’m 1000% sure I know football above your level. Nice chat.

going around a message board and warning people not to say something that could be wrong later is just weird man. Welcome to sports, some takes are gonna be wrong.

I already qualified my original statement which is what bunched your panties to begin with right? If Herring is a starter mid-season it’s very likely not a good sign for the program. Maybe I should have said it less matter-of-factly, but hey now I know your trigger.
You're inflated opinion of yourself finds another way to manifest itself.... Couldn't just say, "My bad. I went too far"... have to spiral down to stuff like this.

And don’t say "Classic". It’s so cringey. Unless you’re going for that Summer’s Eve sponsorship, then go crazy.
LOL... what were you just saying about going around a message board "telling" people what they should say?

Nathan Leacock should be a low 4 based on measurables alone. I may not measure every statement on whether the 5% chance it could be wrong will serve me crow later, but I’m 1000% sure I know football above your level. Nice chat.
And there you go... LOL. You're now "the expert"... who doesn't know how to express himself accurately then tries to find some desperate way of "cutting" the guy who calls you out.

For myself, I know what I know. Unlike some here... I have never claimed to know anything more or less than that. I watched a video on youtube of his game against Rolesville. If you haven't... then maybe you should apply your superior football intellect to that rather than the ignorance you just posted.

I can see how you might have trouble since the title of the thread is his name, LOL.

Oh look its Mr. Funny pants. I had to go to all the trouble to use search Mr. My fingers hurt now cause it wasn't on the first page of the recruiting thread. So I blame you.

Reactions: drvenner
You're inflated opinion of yourself finds another way to manifest itself.... Couldn't just say, "My bad. I went too far"... have to spiral down to stuff like this.

LOL... what were you just saying about going around a message board "telling" people what they should say?

And there you go... LOL. You're now "the expert"... who doesn't know how to express himself accurately then tries to find some desperate way of "cutting" the guy who calls you out.

For myself, I know what I know. Unlike some here... I have never claimed to know anything more or less than that. I watched a video on youtube of his game against Rolesville. If you haven't... then maybe you should apply your superior football intellect to that rather than the ignorance you just posted.

Look man, I know I pee on the leg of some of the more sunshiny people around here sometimes. I just get a little worn out with every kid being the next superstar, every 3 star we get being a hidden gem, every 5 we don’t get being overrated anyway. Some folks just have that type of relationship with UT football. I need to learn to let it lie.

If you knew me you’d know I’m wrong a helluva lot. And I have no problem backing off any statement proven to be so. I could’ve qualified what I said, but why? How likely does something need to be before it’s ok to speak in absolutes? I could say Kate Upton will never show up at my house because she’s decided she likes hairy guys with graying hair and a bit of a beer gut. It’s theoretically possible that she could, but I’d have to assume if she did something went very wrong.

Are you the one who wrote to VQ to ask if Herring could break into the rotation? I really hope it was. Somebody needed some validation on that. Listen to their answers. Very measured and leaving the possibility open that EH breaks into the rotation at some point. You’ll love it.

I’d love to hear your specific critiques of Leacock. His route running? As far as I can tell it’s mostly coachable stuff. Honestly I can’t believe SEC teams weren’t coming after him harder. Bring me all the 6’3 4.4 guys and I’ll take the chance they can be coached up. In my opinion he compares pretty favorably to Ced Tillman. It’s jmo. Football was never an intellectual endeavor for me I just played forever. I wasn’t even that good. But I’ll tell you this, the main traits that make a D1 athlete are God-given, and NL is the prototype perimeter WR. Millbrook used him in the slot mostly but with his size and catch radius I’d say he’s pretty versatile. Good consolation for missing on Tate in my view.

Idc really about disagreeing on Leacock. It’s your obsession with me being wrong that’s odd.

A couple of things I was way off on: I thought the Heupel hire was shaky, White just hired the last guy he’d hired. I thought his philosophy was gimmicky and questioned whether it would work in the SEC. I was extremely critical that it took them as long as it did to figure out Hendon was a better QB than JM3. That one still puzzles me tbh. I’m not ready to crown him after 1 year but man he had a helluva first season, coming into a bad situation.

If my being wrong gives you that much of a chub there’s plenty of things to look at. This one was pretty innocuous and grounded in reality for you to nitpick at like the pedant you seem to be. But do you man. Do you.

BOOM!
iu

Look man, I know I pee on the leg of some of the more sunshiny people around here sometimes. I just get a little worn out with every kid being the next superstar, every 3 star we get being a hidden gem, every 5 we don’t get being overrated anyway. Some folks just have that type of relationship with
UT football. I need to learn to let it lie.
I'm really not that confident with Leacock. I'm not making any predictions about Herring either. But he apparently did good things in the spring and has physical talent. If he has come along then it simply might not be a bad sign that he passes the others.... and especially considering they are a fairly "average" group to start with.

If you knew me you’d know I’m wrong a helluva lot. And I have no problem backing off any statement proven to be so. I could’ve qualified what I said, but why? How likely does something need to be before it’s ok to speak in absolutes? I could say Kate Upton will never show up at my house because she’s decided she likes hairy guys with graying hair and a bit of a beer gut. It’s theoretically possible that she could, but I’d have to assume if she did something went very wrong.
I don't really think those fall into the same universe of possibilities.

[
Are you the one who wrote to VQ to ask if Herring could break into the rotation? I really hope it was. Somebody needed some validation on that. Listen to their answers. Very measured and leaving the possibility open that EH breaks into the rotation at some point. You’ll love it.
Nope. Not me. Not a member and I would rather give Freak my clicks anyway so he makes more money.

I’d love to hear your specific critiques of Leacock. His route running?
Not really fair to use one game but it was a competitive opponent. His routes didn't look sharp. He had some drops. Maybe what troubled me most is that he didn't always seem to make aggressive plays on the ball.

As far as I can tell it’s mostly coachable stuff. Honestly I can’t believe SEC teams weren’t coming after him harder. Bring me all the 6’3 4.4 guys and I’ll take the chance they can be coached up. In my opinion he compares pretty favorably to Ced Tillman. It’s jmo. Football was never an intellectual endeavor for me I just played forever. I wasn’t even that good. But I’ll tell you this, the main traits that make a D1 athlete are God-given, and NL is the prototype perimeter WR. Millbrook used him in the slot mostly but with his size and catch radius I’d say he’s pretty versatile. Good consolation for missing on Tate in my view.
Agree. It looks like all the raw materials are there to build a really good WR.

I wasn't all that upset about Tate to be honest. Speed wins in the SEC and he just didn't look that fast. I couldn't find anything about his times. I would have loved to have Kasper or Mizzell. Williams is pretty interesting.

IMHO, the portal will continue to be a big part of the WR position with this O. Guys are going to see that opportunity like McCoy did.

Idc really about disagreeing on Leacock. It’s your obsession with me being wrong that’s odd.
That's how I find your defensiveness.

A couple of things I was way off on: I thought the Heupel hire was shaky, White just hired the last guy he’d hired. I thought his philosophy was gimmicky and questioned whether it would work in the SEC. I was extremely critical that it took them as long as it did to figure out Hendon was a better QB than JM3. That one still puzzles me tbh. I’m not ready to crown him after 1 year but man he had a helluva first season, coming into a bad situation.

iu

I've quit trying to predict. Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst. I liked Heupel's leadership from the start. The Vols needed clear standards and a culture they could understand, believe in, and count on. I'm honestly not sure beyond that whether you can know if a guy will measure up skill wise until he does.

If my being wrong gives you that much of a chub there’s plenty of things to look at. This one was pretty innocuous and grounded in reality for you to nitpick at like the pedant you seem to be. But do you man. Do you.
No. You overstated. Then instead of just saying so... you deflected and ultimately landed on personal stuff like this. Generally speaking, when someone resorts to personal shots... it is a defensive move to avoid dealing with a weak position.

We've all done what you did. All you ever had to do is an unqualified, "Yeah... I overstated that a bit".

Reactions: jhjenkins
Look man, I know I pee on the leg of some of the more sunshiny people around here sometimes. I just get a little worn out with every kid being the next superstar, every 3 star we get being a hidden gem, every 5 we don’t get being overrated anyway. Some folks just have that type of relationship with UT football. I need to learn to let it lie.

I’d love to hear your specific critiques of Leacock. His route running? As far as I can tell it’s mostly coachable stuff. Honestly I can’t believe SEC teams weren’t coming after him harder. Bring me all the 6’3 4.4 guys and I’ll take the chance they can be coached up. In my opinion he compares pretty favorably to Ced Tillman. It’s jmo. Football was never an intellectual endeavor for me I just played forever. I wasn’t even that good. But I’ll tell you this, the main traits that make a D1 athlete are God-given, and NL is the prototype perimeter WR. Millbrook used him in the slot mostly but with his size and catch radius I’d say he’s pretty versatile. Good consolation for missing on Tate in my view.

Aaaaaaaahahhhh ssshhhhhaaaaaaaaadddddaaaaaaaaaaaaappppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The No. 9 Millbrook Wildcats got their season started at home on Thursday night as they defeated Apex Friendship, 35-12. The Wildcats' stars made their presence felt from the start. Tennessee wide receiver commit Nathan Leacock hauled in two touchdowns and recorded over 150 receiving yards while John Alarcon rushed for two touchdowns for the Wildcats.

After forcing a three-and-out on the Patriots; first drive, the Wildcats started their opening drive on their own 15-yard line. Mason Fortune found Leacock down the middle for an 85-yard touchdown with 5:59 left in the first quarter to put Millbrook up 7-0.
No. 9 Millbrook defeats Apex Friendship 35-12 in season opener

The No. 9 Millbrook Wildcats got their season started at home on Thursday night as they defeated Apex Friendship, 35-12. The Wildcats' stars made their presence felt from the start. Tennessee wide receiver commit Nathan Leacock hauled in two touchdowns and recorded over 150 receiving yards while John Alarcon rushed for two touchdowns for the Wildcats.

After forcing a three-and-out on the Patriots; first drive, the Wildcats started their opening drive on their own 15-yard line. Mason Fortune found Leacock down the middle for an 85-yard touchdown with 5:59 left in the first quarter to put Millbrook up 7-0.
No. 9 Millbrook defeats Apex Friendship 35-12 in season opener

Well, it is just one game, but maybe our staff targeted this guy for a reason or two. Not a burner, but we have a guy about the same size that is also not a burner entering his last year projecting well. This guy has some time to add those 15 lbs and take some coaching. Hope he has all the intangibles needed to follow in this guy's steps, only maybe get there a little faster. Going to trust this staff's offensive skill player takes and development skills until there are demonstrated reasons not to.

Well, it is just one game, but maybe our staff targeted this guy for a reason or two. Not a burner, but we have a guy about the same size that is also not a burner entering his last year projecting well. This guy has some time to add those 15 lbs and take some coaching. Hope he has all the intangibles needed to follow in this guy's steps, only maybe get there a little faster. Going to trust this staff's offensive skill player takes and development skills until there are demonstrated reasons not to.
Leacock is 6'4" and 200+ right now. He's also not slow. No, he doesn't have Squirrel White speed, but he's fast enough. He's a 4.5 type guy at worst and much more highly regarded than Tillman at the same stage. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when he gets on campus.

VN Store

Back