'20 NC WR Muhsin Muhammad III (Texas A&M commit)

Bates looked like a ball player his frosh year against OU. Then I don't know what the hell happened. Combo of Butch & Vic Wharton?
Looked pretty good, like a pretty good young player in the 2014 season opener vs Utah State, and like a decent OVC player who had. O business being on an SEC roster the next 5 years. And he (among other Vol players) should serve as a cautionary tale imo for Vols fans. We should never assume that the son will be great just because the father was.

Reactions: feathersax
Bates looked like a ball player his frosh year against OU. Then I don't know what the hell happened. Combo of Butch & Vic Wharton?
It’s been said that his dad has some serious cognitive issues due to concussions/football and that took the fire out of him.

I don’t blame him at all.

Rivals Charlotte notes from VQ...

Myers Park 2020 WR Moose Muhammad — Muhammad visited Tennessee for the first time earlier this week and called the trip eye-opening. Muhammed, and his father, were very impressed with Tee Martin, both on the field and in the meeting room. Muhammad has made lots of visits lately (UT, NC State, upcoming UK) with two official visits planned for the next two weeks (Texas A&M and Oregon). Tennessee might be viewed as playing catchup here, but Muhammad was rather enthralled with the Vols following Thursday’s trip and he has one very strong tie to the program, too: Weinke played with his dad for six years in Carolina and has known Moose since he was a kid. Muhammad was adamant he’ll return again soon, possibly an official visit. At the camp, I was impressed with his route running (smooth) but also his wiggle and competitiveness. He took a ton of reps, and constantly ran back to the front of the line to go again or get instructions from Santonio Holmes, the wideout’s coach Sunday. Muhammad roasted some DBs during both routes on air and the cat-and-mouse drill, earning the MVP award and an invite to the 5-star Challenge.

Tennessee might be viewed as playing catchup here, but Muhammad was rather enthralled with the Vols following Thursday’s trip and he has one very strong tie to the program, too: Weinke played with his dad for six years in Carolina and has known Moose since he was a kid. Muhammad was adamant he’ll return again soon, possibly an official visit. At the camp, I was impressed with his route running (smooth) but also his wiggle andcompetitiveness. He took a ton of reps, and constantly ran back to the front of the line to go again or get instructions from Santonio Holmes, the wideout’s coach Sunday. Muhammad roasted some DBs during both routes on air and the cat-and-mouse drill, earning the MVP award and an invite to the 5-star Challenge.
Simonton

Reactions: The Artful Dodger
If Tennessee makes him a priority — which is a bit of a variable since the Vols hadn’t been talking to him a lot before the visit — then I would say they have a legitimate shot. Hard to quantify those things in recruiting, but I think they’re probably in his top five or so, whatever that would be on a scale of 1-10. If they really do get an official visit from him, they will be very much in the mix.
Callahan

VN Store

Back