'21 NC WR Kobe Paysour

Looks like he has the WR swag you need. I'm picturing him smiling and a gold Kamara style grill shines through.

Reactions: T Dog
“I plan to consider them because they’re one of the schools that have been truthful with me,” said Paysour, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 50 overall prospect and No. 7 wide receiver in the 2021 class. “They’ll tell me the truth and stuff (and not) lie to me.” The 6-foot-1, 172-pound Paysour said he “was kind of surprised” by the offer he received from the Vols last week, and he was looking into visiting Tennessee again even before he learned of the offer.

He said the Vols made it clear to him during Saturday’s visit that they now plan to make him “a priority” in the 2021 class, and they like what they have seen from him on film. “They just said they watched my film and a lot stood out,” Paysour said. “One coach that came from Georgia this year, the offensive coordinator (Jim Chaney), I like him the most because he told me what I could do better to change my game so I could be better. “They said I was a priority. Tennessee is, like, a ‘Wide Receiver U’ school. That’s what they’re trying to get back to being.”

“I got to talk to coach Tee Martin, the wide receivers coach. He was talking about JuJu Smith-Schuster and how he was, like, on defense and they moved him to offense,” Paysour said, referring to the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver who played under Martin at USC. “He was just talking about basically where he came from and how he don’t care to start freshmen and stuff.”

Paysour said Chaney “was telling me about my game and stuff,” while Pruitt “told me he liked my game and just to keep running — like, do track and stuff and just don’t stop running.” Three months later, he hasn’t forgotten the experience of attending his first game at Tennessee. “I just know they have a big atmosphere,” Paysour said. “They have a lot of fans and stuff. It was, like, really packed, but they got blown out that game. Their wide receivers are pretty good. I like how the stadium is set up. It goes up instead of going wide."

Rivals Charlotte notes from VQ...

Kings Mountain 2021 WR Kobe Paysour — The junior receiver recapped his visit to Tennessee in February, one day after receiving an offer from the Vols. Paysour talked up Tee Martin and Brian Niedermeyer but it’s clearly very early in his recruitment.

Back in February, the Vols extended an offer to Kings Mountain (N.C.) sophomore Kobe Paysour, a 6-foot-1, 175-pound playmaker from North Carolina. The next day, Paysour visited Tennessee for one of its Junior Day’s, meeting Martin, offensive coordinator Jim Chaney and head coach Jeremy Pruitt.

“I like Tennessee,” Paysour said before the Rivals 3Stripe Camp in Charlotte. “I like coach Tee Martin and (quality control analyst) coach (Caleb) Cox. They treat me with respect. They really like me. Tee Martin has a lot of stuff going with wide receivers in the NFL. They’re telling me Tennessee is basically Wide Receiver U. He developed JuJu Smith-Schuster and Nelson Agholor and those are some of the guys I like in the NFL.

Paysour holds early offers from UT, South Carolina, Georgia, Duke, NC State, Virginia Tech and North Carolina, among others. He’s only visited a handful of schools, though, including two trips to Tennessee after catching the Missouri game last fall. UNC and Duke are early contenders for the North Carolina native, but Paysour said his prior relationship with Chaney from Georgia helps Tennessee, too. “I like the offensive coordinator a lot,” he said. “He’s real honest with me. He’ll talk to me about my game. Let me know what’s wrong with it, what I need to work on. That’s what I like about the coaches. The connections.”

As a sophomore, Paysour led Kings Mountain with 71 receptions for 1,596 yards and 26 touchdowns. He also added a two interceptions on defense, including a long pick-six. “I’m a playmaker,” he said. “If you throw it up, I can get it. I can also out-run people.” Just a 2021, Paysour is in no hurry to end his recruitment.

-VQ

Committed to UNC

That’s their 7th 4 star and they’re sitting with a top 5 class

Looks like Mack Brown found that basketball budget

Committed to UNC

That’s their 7th 4 star and they’re sitting with a top 5 class

Looks like Mack Brown found that basketball budget
What's even wilder, imo, is that bama is number 48. They only have one commit. And it's not even a 5 star.

No way Brown is pulling these type of recruits with out any “expenses” involved. Lol

VN Store

Back