NC St -vs- S Carolina (merged)

I have to disagree. The USCar D brought the heat all night and any time your D holds anyone to 138 yards TOTAL is nasty. I doubt we do that to anyone this year, much less a Div-I opponent.

I'm not saying they're going to be nearly that nasty all year, and their Rush D looked a little weak at times, but give them credit where it's due.

It's pretty easy to hold a team to 138 yards when they are 1 dimensional. 89 of those 138 were rushing yards

Beecher had the first game jitters and played really poorly. Honestly I want Smelley to start because of his experience edge. His arms and legs may be weaker than Beech but he performs a lot better in games. Mike Davis is a legit SEC back. The defense is sick. The secondary is sicker.

While all three of those statements may be true you would be misguided to come to that conclusion after watching this game last night.

I have to disagree. The USCar D brought the heat all night and any time your D holds anyone to 138 yards TOTAL is nasty. I doubt we do that to anyone this year, much less a Div-I opponent.

I'm not saying they're going to be nearly that nasty all year, and their Rush D looked a little weak at times, but give them credit where it's due.

You say that like we actually play any non d-1 teams.

Beecher had the first game jitters and played really poorly. Honestly I want Smelley to start because of his experience edge. His arms and legs may be weaker than Beech but he performs a lot better in games. Mike Davis is a legit SEC back. The defense is sick. The secondary is sicker.

I don't think that you can tell too much about Smelley from last night, either. He inherited the O when State's defense was worn completely out. He did some good things, but most QBs would have looked pretty good under the same circumstances.

After watching last night game I had to wonder how anyone picked USCar to finish above UT. I know its the first game and we have yet to see UT but the ole ball coach needs to get that team together or they won't beat Vandy.

NCst has no passing game, their qb play was terrible, they couldn't make the throws. NCst secondary looked to be on par with SC's until the injury to their qb, after that the entire team was not the same. Bottom line is while I believe SC has a good secondary and defense overall I'm not really sure how much I could evaluate them from this game.

Spurrier has a tough choice start the guy who has already proven he can throw 5 pics in a game, or the guy who throws 4 in his debut............

Im not sure which was worse:

1) USCe offense
2) NC States QB's
3) Jesse Palmers 'youth' clip on tie
4) Jesse Palmer giggling like a school girl at Chris and Craig.

OL' Stevie looked awfully calm on the sidelines before the half, but I bet he gave them a "not so kind" word at halftime. SC was a different team in the 2nd half. I cut it off when SC was up 20-0.

South Carolina = great defense, terrible offense.

Impressive win on paper though, 34-0 over any BCS program is a very solid win. Combine that with throwing 4 pics and its says quite a bit about the defense.

I'll be interested to see how NC State fares going forward.

Nothing impressed me about south carolina last night. Their defense is good. But i think that pitiful excuse for a d-1 team they were playing had something to do with it.

Hearing Jesse Palmer speak wants me to take two screwdrivers and shove them in my ears.

Maybe we will see Jesse on the next Gay Bachelor.......I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he picks Tebow.........

Attachments

• tim-tebow-kiss.jpg
    tim-tebow-kiss.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 69
  • tim-tebow-kiss2.jpg
    tim-tebow-kiss2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 69
Hearing Jesse Palmer speak wants me to take two screwdrivers and shove them in my ears.

Maybe we will see Jesse on the next Gay Bachelor.......I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he picks Tebow.........
Kenny might get jealous if he sees those pictures.

the score is not a good representation of the game...
but it sure was good to watch a college game in HD on the big tv!

Nothing really impressed me at all about the Cocks last night either. The D looked good for the entire game but that NCState O was horrible...especially after that QB got hurt. That kid they put in after that was just horrible. I really felt sorry for him. I think NCState just gave up after the Cocks went up 10-0 b/c they knew thier offense was not capable of mustering the 10 points needed. I never took USC seriously coming in to the season and I now take them even less seriously. Smelley ran the O against a D that had already been defeated.

If your defense is sick and the secondary is sicker, when do you anticipate a full return to health?

I tell you what... USCar is going to have to play a 2 QB system this entire year. Beecher and Smelley are going to take turns A) getting benched and B) causing the ole ball coach to throw his visor in disgust.

I think when Beecher threw his 3rd? or was it his 4th interception... Spurrier ran his hands through his hair about 20 times. I was laughing.

...QB situation in 05. I hope they stay in offensive disaray all season, maybe the "glow" around the ol ball coachs visor will start to tarnish.

Thought the SC Def looked pretty good, albeit NC St looked bad. Another reminder of 05 VOLS.

Oh well I don't really give a tinkers damn about SC or Spurrier until 11/1. GO VOLS

Kenny might get jealous if he sees those pictures.

....he has to get better, doesn't he??

At least in his choice of neck ties and length of such, looked like a freaking bib for a guy that is supposed to be GQ material.

Watching and listening to him last night I thought the "losers" in the Bachelor gig are delighted they "lost."

I would love to know what was going on in his fellow broadcasters heads when he started talking.:crazy:

If you're a Cock fan (I couldn’t resist that) I guarantee you whether you want to admit it or not that offense scared the hell out of you. I bet SOS is thinking to himself "How on earth did I let myself get into this predicament? Oh yes that's right, a couple more years and I'm in full time at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Augusta</st1:place></st1:City>". <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p>They're offense is terrible. </o:p>

I actually expected the USC D to be a little better. After NCSU lost their QB, they basically melted down into nothing more than Andre left, Andre right... and the guy still picked up yardage.

I fell asleep in the 3rd qtr when it was still 13-0 but by then NCSU was really unraveling on O and the D was dog tired.

The CBSSportsline story actually says...
"Beecher, a fourth-year junior, completed 12 of 22 passes for 106 yards and those four awful picks. He came out late in the third quarter, the Gamecocks citing a head injury. "...you bet a head injury. He needed to get a firm grip on it and pull it out of his arse!!!.....:post-4-1090547912::post-4-1090547912:

VN Store

Back