Elite ★★★★★ Poster
8618761.jpg

6'4" 260lbs
Highpoint, NC
(Southwest Guilford)

Myles Murphy, Southwest Guilford, Strong-Side Defensive End
Myles Murphy, 2020 Weakside defensive end - Rivals.com

Last edited:
If McCollough is the team captain he seems to be, maybe he can help with this. Would be incredible and a huge position of need

Reactions: jakez4ut
put on the full court press. jeez. i don't think we have a shot here, but mercy...........this would cover a big need..........quick.

Reactions: volsagain
"It was my second time at Tennessee," Murphy said. "The first time, I got to see all the facilities and everything. This time, the coaches were into the game plan and the game so we didn't get to talk to them as much. We spoke to them for about 15 minutes, but it was a great atmosphere. The fans were dedicated to Tennessee. I was really watching #19 because if I do go to Tennessee, that would be the position I'd be playing," Murphy said. "From what I saw, he did pretty good and did his job."

His teammate Jaylen McCollough is committed to Tennessee and he admits that he hears about Tennessee a lot from him. He also knows several other players from the Marietta that like Tennessee. "There is a lot of players from my area in Marietta that have been coming up to Tennessee," Murphy said. "We all talk to each other. I've heard a lot of good things about Tennessee so I wanted to go up and check it out."

And playing for a defensive head coach like Jeremy Pruitt is also appealing. "A lot of people are saying he's going to turn things around there," Murphy said. "Just like coach (Kirby) Smart did at Georgia. He changed the culture there. I can see the same from coach Pruitt there at Tennessee. I can see that in a few years it's going to be the same thing there."

Speaking of his parents, Murphy said they enjoyed their time in Knoxville and saw real positives surrounding the Tennessee program. "They thought it was a great school," Murphy said. "They liked the atmosphere and all the coaches. The fanbase was great. They just said they need the players to become that team that everyone talks about."

-VQ

“It was a great atmosphere, great fan base, as a matter of fact,” said Murphy, who’s ranked the No. 14 overall prospect and No. 2 strongside defensive end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class. “It was just a great experience, and my parents enjoyed it. “I enjoyed it, especially since there were a lot of people that I knew that were going there. It was really fun, besides the fact that Tennessee lost. But everything else was great.”

The 6-foot-5, 255-pound Murphy said he has heard plenty about Tennessee from McCollough, who has been committed to the Vols since August, and he likes what he has seen during both of his visits to Knoxville this year. “Me and Jaylen, we’ve been talking about it ever since, maybe, back in February,” Murphy said. “We’ve been talking about it, how Coach Pruitt’s going to be rebuilding the team, how I could be a big asset to the team if I were to go there. That’s the main thing they’re talking about. “He doesn’t bring it up in every conversation,” Murphy added, referring to McCollough. “But he’ll bring it up as much as he can just to keep it in my head.”

“Honestly, Coach Pruitt, he really said it himself,” Murphy said. “It’s really a rebuilding stage, and he needs the players. Right now, he has the coaches. He has the facilities. He has everything that a D-I college football player would want. He just needs the players now to fulfill the win column.”

“It’s been an everyday, constant thing with me and Tennessee,” Murphy said, adding that he’s being recruited by the Vols to play outside linebacker in their 3-4 base defense. “(They have said) just that I’d be a great asset to their run defense, setting that edge, making it hard to get around. They really didn’t say much about pass rushing, except for the fact that I would be out there in a wide-nine (technique) or a six rushing the passer.”

'19 class could be great...but, the '20 class may be something very very special.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
'19 class could be great...but, the '20 class may be something very very special.
People are worried about Pruitt’s lack of wins but the fact that he is bringing in two or maybe even three top ten ranked five stars in his first season while only winning 5-6 games (and getting beat down several times) is insane. Three consensus five stars would be the most since fulmer. He is going to turn out to be an elite recruiter and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a top 3 class next year with 3-5 five stars (unlike butch’s paper champion class in 15). That’s what is going to get us to the next level.

People are worried about Pruitt’s lack of wins but the fact that he is bringing in two or maybe even three top ten ranked five stars in his first season while only winning 5-6 games (and getting beat down several times) is insane. Three consensus five stars would be the most since fulmer. He is going to turn out to be an elite recruiter and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a top 3 class next year with 3-5 five stars (unlike butch’s paper champion class in 15). That’s what is going to get us to the next level.
Hurd starting over Kamara, is all you need to know about Butch’s evaluation skills.

Who's the 2nd 5*?
Pruitt is already an elite recuiter and has the awards to prove it.

Closest thing to "fact" is Wanya. He by all accounts seems as solid as it gets. To claim Wright is "fact" doesn't seem proper. Heavy lean, but not fact... yet.
The odds are that we will get one more five star in this class with as many guys as we are in on. Even in the off chance that we fail to land wright we have a decent chance of landing pallor or someone else. I think my piont stands

VN Store

Back