'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

The inside article on Crouch is very telling. Sounds like he's torn on where to go. He likes all three schools (Michigan, Tenn and Clemson).
yep. i think that has to be good for us. if being a part of a program that is already contending at a championship level is really #1 on his list, then that should eliminate us from consideration. it hasn't apparently. so we have that going for us.

Reactions: SugarCC
Greiner, who accompanied Crouch on the visit, said Tennessee again made a big impression on him.

“I think it gives them a legitimate shot — really do,” said Greiner, the former head coach at Harding who left for Hickory Ridge High School in nearby Harrisburg, N.C., earlier this year. “They provide a lot of things from a standpoint of a network outside of football when you’re done playing, the growth. And the city itself right there in Tennessee is different than everywhere else.

“I just think that they provide a lot of things that maybe other people can’t provide, and you’re going to get to play in the SEC. … You’re going to get the best of the best, which is a pro and a con. It prepares you for the NFL, but it also could bang you up.

“There’s pros and cons there. You have to weigh those options. But I think they definitely, without a doubt, are in the mix, for sure. … If people think Tennessee is not in the fighting race, then they’re crazy.”

Greiner praised first-year Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt and tight ends coach Brian Niedermeyer, who is Crouch’s primary recruiter for the Vols, as “the most personable guys that I know in the NCAA right now.”

“Niedermeyer is probably the new, up-and-coming greatest recruiter, greatest personable guy there is in the recruiting world. Not many people know how great he is yet. He is phenomenal. I haven’t had a guy like that since (Gunter) Brewer left at North Carolina,” Greiner said, referring to the former Tar Heels assistant coach who’s now the wide receivers coach for the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles.

Pruitt, meanwhile, “is probably the most down-to-earth head football coach you could ever meet,” Greiner said.

“If it’s beneficial to you or if it’s not,” Greiner said, "he just tells you the honest truth, and he’s very, very good at it. That’s probably what he has over anybody else. … You feel like you could talk to him for 20 hours straight.”

Greiner said Crouch, who plans to be an early enrollee at the school of his choice, still is planning to “tell one team on a very personable level that he’s coming early” before announcing his decision Jan. 5 at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio.

- Callahan

Note: Couch likes all schools he's looking at and he's excited to play in college but he's also looking at the school of his choice from a business decision. He feels like Linebacker gives him the best option for a longer career but he likes scoring TD's. So he's hoping to get a shot on both sides of the ball.

The funny thing is if you go back and read early in this thread, he was quoted in the spring saying that he wanted to be apart of building back a program that had fallen off (like UT). He transferred to a school that was winless before he got there and he was the reason they won like 12 the next year and a championship I believe. And he liked the idea of doing that in college, bringing back a program that had fallen off.

Recruiting is a wild ride.

Dabo...

The word around his area is CU and UT. Many around him including family are pushing CU and I tell you Dabo is offering a chance to play both sides of the ball. I said before even though the articles seem to point to him only as a LB he wants to at least try RB in college. His former HC Greiner is pushing for UT and Crouch had developed a lot of respect for him since the 9th grade when he starting playing for him.

The word around his area is CU and UT. Many around him including family are pushing CU and I tell you Dabo is offering a chance to play both sides of the ball. I said before even though the articles seem to point to him only as a LB he wants to at least try RB in college. His former HC Greiner is pushing for UT and Crouch had developed a lot of respect for him since the 9th grade when he starting playing for him.
Appreciate the info

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
I think the cold weather takes Michigan out of it. Getting both his mother and grandmother to Clemson on a big recruiting weekend is huge for them.

Reactions: The Sheriff
I think the cold weather takes Michigan out of it. Getting both his mother and grandmother to Clemson on a big recruiting weekend is huge for them.

Seriously — I haven’t been following this class that closely, but if it’s true that he was saying a few months ago that he relished a rebuild and now he’s saying he wants a contender, it’s pretty clear that Dabo has already gotten to him. Finito.

Clemson will get a couple of its priority uncommitted Class of 2019 targets on campus this weekend for official visits.

The Tigers will honor its seniors (Senior Day) and its military (Military Appreciation Day) on Saturday ahead of a 7 p.m. cross-divisional contest vs. Duke.

247Sports Composite five-star athlete Quavaris Crouch of Charlotte (N.C.) Harding will take what could be his last official visit before a decision.

This weekend also marks his fourth consecutive official visit.

Crouch (6-2 1/2, 230) took his first official visit to Florida State and witnessed Clemson's 59-10 blowout win in-person in late October.

The following weekend, he traveled to Ann Arbor for an official visit to witness Jim Harbaugh's program handily defeat Penn State. Last week, he took in the Vols' upset win over Kentucky in Knoxville.

Clemson247 reported last week that Crouch's grandmother would accompany him on the official visit to Clemson.

We've also learned that Crouch's mother will join him on the official visit as well. No coaches or mentors are expected to make the trip.

He's expected to arrive in Clemson on Friday night.

Clemson, which owns the proximity advantage in this recruitment, also hosted Crouch on unofficial visits for the Syracuse and N.C. State games this season.

Crouch, a midyear enrollee, plans to publicly announce a decision at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 5. But he intends to inform coaching staffs of his decision prior in the form of a "silent" commitment.

While Michigan is believed to be a legit contender, Clemson continues to hold 100 percent of the 14 247Sports Crystal Ball picks.

Previewing Quavaris Crouch, Will Putnam Clemson official visits

i loved the article about his visit. gives me some hope.

but in the end, i think even if we finish 7-5, he's still looking at a Clemson or Michigan team that's playoff ready now. that's apparently really important to him, and at the end of the day, that's a box we can't check.
He's also saying, he will allow faith to guide him and wants to see what coaches weed themselves out. Him and his coach have also mentioned the butterflies he gets when he's here and how that is a special sign. I think if he sticks to the gut feeling, he'll be a Vol.

VN Store

Back