'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Found this tid-bit from a SC message board interesting.

It is important to read between the lines with Crouch. Clemson, South Carolina, Michigan, and Alabama fans so should feel good about where they stand right now. Tennessee has some momentum and, like South Carolina, needs to perform well this season to solidify their position in Crouch’s recruitment. Look for Crouch to release a short list in June or July.

Here's the original article.

I thought Butch wanted more speed?

4.6? Not SEC speed for an RB. Maybe LB.

Jamal Lewis 4.58, Kamara ran 4.56, Kerryon Johnson 4.6, Pettway 4.74, (LSU) Darrel Williams 4.72, Peyton Barber 4.62, Eddie Lacy 4.64

The list goes on and on

Reactions: 2 people
Jamal Lewis 4.58, Kamara ran 4.56, Kerryon Johnson 4.6, Pettway 4.74, (LSU) Darrel Williams 4.72, Peyton Barber 4.62, Eddie Lacy 4.64

The list goes on and on

I do agree that speed isn't the most important factor for rbs. Jamal Lewis ran at least a 4.38 though.

Reactions: 1 person
He is playing OLB in college and is already working toward that goal. He’s an All-American type player at that position. And this is perfect for Pruitt and our defense. And he knows that

Reactions: 4 people
I do agree that speed isn't the most important factor for rbs. Jamal Lewis ran at least a 4.38 though.

It was his UT pro day that for him selected number 8 by the Ravens . He ran sub 4.38 he ran a laser timed 4.58 at NFL combine. This is the number people go by as pro days typically are hand timed.

http://m.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Byrne-Identity-20-Questions-With-Jamal-Lewis/75d760b4-9a41-47e5-899d-d9f4af232cda

This link provides the info on his 4.38 you saw and as he says @ he was running for the Money” lol also 231 pounds. He played at 245 to 250 in NFL he says.

Last edited:
Jamal still on top imo. Our team was loaded, yet many times he looked like the best player on the field(exception Peyton Manning, obviously) which is why I feel that way. Guy was basically drafted off his freshman season. Blew out his knee sophomore year at Auburn and basically coasted through his junior year. One of maybe 4-5 players from UT to be drafted in the top 5 in the draft... off of 1 pretty impressive freshman season. Again, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Very impressive kid met him at Alabama and watched him work at their camp. This kid can play either Rb or OLB. He's in the Hurd/Henry mold of he can be either. I watched him do Rb drills and he was fkat out smooth. I kp in touch with him, the Db commited to NCSt and his coach.

Very impressive kid met him at Alabama and watched him work at their camp. This kid can play either Rb or OLB. He's in the Hurd/Henry mold of he can be either. I watched him do Rb drills and he was fkat out smooth. I kp in touch with him, the Db commited to NCSt and his coach.

This dude is a future monster at JackLB.

With his length and pass rush ability...with RB burst.

This dude is a future monster at JackLB.

With his length and pass rush ability...with RB burst.

All-American type all over him. He’d start day one here and would help resurrect our defense. But like Conley said, he’s good enough to play rb as well. Just a freak, great kid, tremendously hard worker

The list goes on and on

Come on, man. We all know you have to have legit 4.4 speed to run the ball in the SEC.

Seriously, people don't seem to realize that 4.5 is real, real, real fast.

Come on, man. We all know you have to have legit 4.4 speed to run the ball in the SEC.

Seriously, people don't seem to realize that 4.5 is real, real, real fast.

Drives me crazy. Some of the BEST to ever play the game were 4.6 guys. Does it help to be blazingly fast? Sure. But that’s not all there is to it.

In your head count to one. Then divide that time up into ten sections. Now you can have some perspective on how much difference there is in the 4.4 vs 4.? There really isnt much between when each crosses the finish line. What seperates the great RBs is vision, change of direction and acceleration. Not straight line speed

Reactions: 7 people
In your head count to one. Then divide that time up into ten sections. Now you can have some perspective on how much difference there is in the 4.4 vs 4.? There really isnt much between when each crosses the finish line. What seperates the great RBs is vision, change of direction and acceleration. Not straight line speed

Leveon Bell is a perfect example of that.

Not a chance in hell. Amazing how kids supposedly run 4.3-4.4 in HighSchool, go through 4 years of college with world class S&C programs where they should do nothing but get bigger, stronger and FASTER..... and then go get timed at 4.5-4.6 at the NFL combine.

Reactions: 1 person
Not a chance in hell. Amazing how kids supposedly run 4.3-4.4 in HighSchool, go through 4 years of college with world class S&C programs where they should do nothing but get bigger, stronger and FASTER..... and then go get timed at 4.5-4.6 at the NFL combine.

For real

This week, VolQuest saw many of the top prospects in person around Charlotte, with pieces forthcoming. We spent a long time with Crouch, who told us he plans on visiting Tennessee next weekend with Brown. Fields is also scheduled to come visit.

The nation’s No. 1 player is taking things slow since recovering from hip labrum surgery, but he’s definitely interested in the Vols. He told a cool story about the serenity of the mountains driving into Tennessee and how his faith is his guiding force right now. Crouch is simply deciding whether he wants to play RB or OLB — with the likelihood he ends up on defense while also seeing some special packages offensively. Clemson is not a slam dunk here, but the Tigers are factor, as well as UT, Alabama, UGA, South Carolina, Michigan and Ohio State. Crouch is a really humble kid, especially for being the No.1 player in the country. Right now, he has no timetable for a decision (either cutting schools or outright picking a college) but he does plan to sign and enroll early.

-VQ

Reactions: 11 people

Actually not necessarily.

Some years back..Brian Kimbrough was 4 star RB out of Memphis and raced and NFL CB from his neighborhood.

He beat the guy. Mcgee was his name. He was also a very good return man in the league.

Eric Berry, Nick Chubb also got slower in college. But they stronger and more explosive

VN Store

Back