'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Not long ago pics came out on twitter of grant and Schofield when they came to UT compared to now.. after hearing about Maurer already being up 11 pounds, and I think a couple others mentioned, and seeing this picture of crouch, I think it’d be interesting to see some of the differences between offseason/now for the older players or between January/now for the EE’s
I know that typically at UT the S&C coach would “oversee” all strength and condintioning for all sports. Does anyone know if basketball has their own guy?

That’s me, unfortunately. Best season I’ve experienced was 2015/2016. Never seen us beat Bama.
UHHH. I know it's been really bad but that has to suck. At least us old folks have something to cling onto and say remember when. You poor soul. You have my admiration, I don't know if I could have went through the last decade without being able to see how a Tennessee football team should play.

Last edited:
Thankful for this basketball season. My 6-year old only cares about the best and since the football team has sucked it’s been hard to get him to stick. But he knows our b-ball team is awesome so I have something to sink my teeth into.

Reactions: WxVol
Thankful for this basketball season. My 6-year old only cares about the best and since the football team has sucked it’s been hard to get him to stick. But he knows our b-ball team is awesome so I have something to sink my teeth into.

I'm not a parent but don't bite your kids, no matter what they taste like.

Great opportunity to teach him a lesson on why frontrunners and bandwagon fans suck.

ok, but only on Sunday.
giphy.gif

That is so sad...It is amazing really how much different the perspective is of guys like me who remember owning them.

Bama’s basically been dominating college football since I’ve been watching. First game I remember watching and really knowing what was going on was Florida vs Oklahoma for the 2008 National Championship. Then Bama won it all the following season. My first Tennessee game I saw in person was the bowl game debacle against UNC.

Bama’s basically been dominating college football since I’ve been watching. First game I remember watching and really knowing what was going on was Florida vs Oklahoma for the 2008 National Championship. Then Bama won it all the following season. My first Tennessee game I saw in person was the bowl game debacle against UNC.
14D27D63-A71E-4065-BCAF-869876CC3636.png

This reminds me...

There’s the account in 2 Kings of the Old Testament where King Cyrus allows Israel to go home from captivity to rebuild the temple. The young Israelites rejoiced because they had never known a house of worship in their days. But the older priests were wailing because the size and splendor was just not what they remembered.

So yea, you seeing Butch’s bowl wins against the likes of Purple Vandy is a lot like that. I can’t wait for you guys to see the Vols as a collection of bad dudes that we once were.

Last edited:
This reminds me...

There’s the account in 2 Kings of the Old Testament where King Cyrus allows Israel to go home from captivity to rebuild the temple. The young Israelites rejoiced because they had never known a house of worship in their days. But the older priests were wailing because the size and splendor was just not what they remembered.

So yea, you seeing Butch’s bowl wins against the likes of Purple Vandy is a lot like that. I can’t wait for you guys to see the Vols as a collection of bad dudes that we once we’re.

As bad as this season was overall, there was finally a moment where I felt, for the first time in my fandom, I was watching a real Tennessee football team. Going to Jordan-Hare Stadium this year and watching us beat Auburn there for the first time since ‘98 (I think) was the first time I was like, “This is what Tennessee football is supposed to be like. We don’t back down from anybody in the SEC even if nobody gives us a chance”. We were 15-point underdogs in that game, I believe. I was so proud of my team and there were a surprising amount of Vol fans there to help me and some friends serenade the Auburn fans with Rocky Top. That was an awesome day! Even in 2015 and 2016, most of our impressive wins (UGA twice and Florida) were kind of fluky and we ran a stupid spread offense.

Crouch wore 27 in high school and will be playing LB.

27 shoudnt be retired anyway. Derek Barnett had a more impressive college career than Al, but you won't see his number retired.

Then there's ole Arian Foster who might declare he doesn't want "his" number retired anyway
Al Wilson was a beast,captain of the D, captain on the team of the fastest D I’ve ever seen live. That 98 D was the best imo.

VN Store

Back