'24 NC OT Eagan Boyer

“I was really excited,” Boyer told VolReport. “That’s a big time offer from a school I’ve been wanting to get involved.”

“The visit was great,” Boyer said. “It was one of the best visits I’ve had. They did an awesome job of showing us every part of the program.”

“Tennessee is right at the top,” Boyer said. “There is a lot that goes into it — with being a great program, great people and a great area.”

“I spent a lot of time with the offensive line coaching staff getting to know them,” Boyer said. “They are really good guys. I got a good feel for how I would be coached and developed there.”
rivals

The Class of 2024 offensive tackle from Hough High School in Cornelius, N.C., said Tennessee made a strong first impression on him Jan. 14 during his visit for the Vols’ first junior day of the year. He said his experience there only made him more interested in Tennessee, and he expects to return within the next couple months to attend one of the Vols’ spring practices.

“That was my first time visiting. It went well,” said Boyer, who has received scholarship offers from more than 20 schools. “They treated me really well. I felt like I was one of their priorities. Their facilities were amazing. They had a great cafeteria, a great weight room. It seemed like they had a great staff around them. …

“It improved my thinking of them. I plan on going back (in) either late March or early April.”

“They really like my balance, my ability to move,” Boyer said. “They’re trying to bring in that more athletic guy to keep up with these D-ends instead of the big, fat SEC-type tackles.”

He said Michigan State, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Auburn and Wisconsin are among the teams currently recruiting him hardest. He’s planning to visit several other teams beginning next month in addition to the Vols.

A school we’ve had some previous success with too. Fields and I can’t name the second DB right now

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Pringle and Thompson were tough. They were always going to go to SC. Calhoun has UGA/Bama as his clear top 2 rn so we'll see what happens. I think we might somehow be in on more OTs this year which I definitely wouldn't have said entering the year lol. Boyer and Calloway two guys that like the Vols

Pringle and Thompson were tough. They were always going to go to SC. Calhoun has UGA/Bama as his clear top 2 rn so we'll see what happens. I think we might somehow be in on more OTs this year which I definitely wouldn't have said entering the year lol. Boyer and Calloway two guys that like the Vols
how much changes after DW does in round 1 though

how much changes after DW does in round 1 though
Broderick Jones will be going 1st round too and Georgia is coming off another natty. Bama is Bama. Don't think that will have too much of an impact in the case of Daniel Calhoun but I think it will bode well for the other OT targets and future OT targets. That kid from NE area (Kevin Heywood I think is his name), DW going 1st round will be something Elarbee could use to convince him to leave that northern area. Not saying it will make him choose us or anything but definitely an interesting angle imo

Broderick Jones will be going 1st round too and Georgia is coming off another natty. Bama is Bama. Don't think that will have too much of an impact in the case of Daniel Calhoun but I think it will bode well for the other OT targets and future OT targets. That kid from NE area (Kevin Heywood I think is his name), DW going 1st round will be something Elarbee could use to convince him to leave that northern area. Not saying it will make him choose us or anything but definitely an interesting angle imo
bama is done being "bama" you can say o they recruited the 3rd best class ever, well guess what happened to the best class ever after one year, most of them transferred, also monken made uga go, bobo avg liked the 45th scoring offense

Bama recruited good kids. Texas A&M got all the headcases
There’s this ridiculous thing out there that 5 star kids can’t be good kids and it’s pathetic. Like these random grown people know these kids personally. It’s just an excuse used in case of recruiting misses. I saw Florida fans using it all the time under Mullen

There’s this ridiculous thing out there that 5 star kids can’t be good kids and it’s pathetic. Like these random grown people know these kids personally. It’s just an excuse used in case of recruiting misses. I saw Florida fans using it all the time under Mullen
I'd say several of them getting suspended would validate the idea that their headcases lol

VN Store

Back