‘23 NC EDGE Rico Walker (Maryland commit)

They are getting better talent than they were at UCF. They will compete with anyone on the recruiting trail if they can start getting some more people in the league. I think they are off to a good start with some of the draft picks this year.
What they were able to do with Butler, Jackson, and Jones will pay huge dividends on the recruiting trail. None of the three were remotely close to draft consideration and all ended up being picked after a year with this staff. Have to keep that pipeline to the draft flowing though. You can’t have one big class and close the valve for 5 years.

What they were able to do with Butler, Jackson, and Jones will pay huge dividends on the recruiting trail. None of the three were remotely close to draft consideration and all ended up being picked after a year with this staff. Have to keep that pipeline to the draft flowing though. You can’t have one big class and close the valve for 5 years.
Tillman is pretty much a lock to be drafted. Hopefully we have 3 or 4 other players step up. I could see Banks, Young, McCoy, and some others end up getting drafted next year

Tillman is pretty much a lock to be drafted. Hopefully we have 3 or 4 other players step up. I could see Banks, Young, McCoy, and some others end up getting drafted next year
McCoy will need to at least put two solid years of good play together.
Tillman, Flowers, Banks, Spraggins, Young and Harrison will get drafted next year.

Harrison because he's going to have his best year, plus put up insane combine numbers. He had a decent Junior season. This year he'll lay it on the line.
Flowers has had 2 strong seasons in a row.

Tillman, Flowers, Banks, Spraggins, Young and Harrison will get drafted next year.

Harrison because he's going to have his best year, plus put up insane combine numbers. He had a decent Junior season. This year he'll lay it on the line.
Agreed with Harrison. I think it will finally start to click.

I just think McCoy has a chance to put it all together. If he puts up good numbers, he will have the measurables to go pretty high in the draft.

Agreed with Harrison. I think it will finally start to click.

I just think McCoy has a chance to put it all together. If he puts up good numbers, he will have the measurables to go pretty high in the draft.
We certainly need him to.
But just like Tillman had a great year and could have left for the pros he .....🤔

Actually has Tillman decided to come back yet??

Because their coaches evaluation agrees with the ratings?
More like the ratings are determined based on whos offering. Sure a few recruiting guys know what they are looking for. However even staff evaluations miss. Certain things like life issues or a kids drive are not part of rankings. Some kids do not want to work. Some kids are rated lower and have more drive to get where they want to be. Some kids also can't handle being challenged by others who are just as gifted.

Harrison's issue (or maybe not) is that he's a tweener. I wonder if they could settle him in at ILB and give him a better shot?

Harrison's issue (or maybe not) is that he's a tweener. I wonder if they could settle him in at ILB and give him a better shot?
He's a tweener that had been playing DT all his life.
He's use to playing in the middle of the field. I agree i wish he had gotten a crack at Ilb beside Banks.
He's still learning how to play in space and rush the passer.
The light finally began to come on last year.
He had 40 tackles. That's pretty decent coming from that position. And he plays well against the elite teams.

With Byron Young coming on and perhaps Josephs getting some 3rd down reps.
Omari Thomas and Bumphis are going to play strong football this year.
Harrison should peak this year.
He'll test ridiculously well at his proday, and his film will be good enough for someone to take a flyer on him.

James Harrison from Pittsburgh is who could become one day imo...

He's use to playing in the middle of the field. I agree i wish he had gotten a crack at Ilb beside Banks.
He had 40 tackles. That's pretty decent coming from that position. And he plays well against the elite teams.

He'll test ridiculously well at his proday, and his film will be good enough for someone to take a flyer on him.

Harrison is one of my favorite players. I've been rooting for him since day 1.

I think he turns the corner and has a really good season this year.

I think Bumphus is gone isn’t he?

They tried moving Harrison to the middle for a short time last year. He was completely lost. He's always played with his hand in the dirt so it was like trying to become fluent in Mandarin in 2 weeks. I think he's going to be one of the breakout stars this season. He got bigger and stronger this off season and should be a terror in passing situations, but also get more snaps on early downs as well.

Well, if this is true why are there so many p5 misses in the NFL? Using stars to calculate probability of success is one thing, establishing limits on any player that has been evaluated and targeted by coaches is something altogether different. NFL introductions point out the misses every Sunday. Late bloomers alone make accurately ranking even 90% of players based on their play through their Jr season highly improbable. So if you are signing kids from that 10% pool after seeing them up close and personal, life CAN be good. Better risk reward odds on those who started shaving in the 6th grade and played for strong highly visible programs and got to go to a lot of camps, BUT sometimes schools get to see players after the Jr season highlights are published. Some growth changes, speed work, and better coaching at camps and 7v7 type outings can also be predictors of high end potential. Running behind really bad lines, catching passes from a weak armed QB, being the only real OL on your team can make evaluations impossible. Defensive guys have it a bit easier to excel individually. Sacks and pressures through double teams are what they are, and covering stud outside receivers too. Tackling, making right reads, and making the right drops can be evident regardless of the skill levels of your team and the opposition.

Because what happens when a player gets to the NFL has no bearing on collegiate success or potential. Completely different leagues and coaches. The NFL doesn’t expose anything at the college level. That’s insane. There is a DIRECT correlation between the amount of blue chip recruits you have and success rate in college. Let’s take an example from the SECE. Kentucky.

Mark Stoops, imo, is a top 5 coach in the SEC. Does he win at a high level? No. Why? He just doesn’t get the blue chip recruits. Who does? Saban and Smart. Who wins at the highest level year in and year out? Saban and Smart.

You can try and argue that all you want but if you do, show me the evidence at the COLLEGE level. Not the irrelevant NFL. Show me the team that goes to the playoffs routinely, wins conference and national championships, routinely that have roster not chocked full of blue chip recruits.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol

VN Store

Back