'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

We get Price, we cut Jackson imo
Different positions. Price will be an Edge. Jackson has the body to be a true 34 DE. Not saying he'll make the final cut, but they're just not the same position. Not a tape watcher personally, but I wonder how the staff sees Jackson, or really, any of the guys we think might not be in the final class? Always curious how the coaches view players compared to how the recruiting sites view them.

We get Price, we cut Jackson imo
Jackson seems like a project because he's only played one year of football, but you can't teach a kid to have 6'7" frame with athleticism. If you put Bell on defense with Jackson after 2 years of S&C and coaching, it could be hell for opposing offenses.

Reactions: 901LookAlive
Jackson seems like a project because he's only played one year of football, but you can't teach a kid to have 6'7" frame with athleticism. If you put Bell on defense with Jackson after 2 years of S&C and coaching, it could be hell for opposing offenses.

I agree with you. Go look at the pictures and video of this kid. He looks positively skinny. Can you imagine getting him into our S&C program after a redshirt year and a freshman redshirt year not to mention a couple of years in the nutrition program. By his rs sophomore year you may be looking at a 285 lb rush DE.

Also look at the condition of the playing field and the stands in the video. He's clearly from a small school with nonexistent facilities. There's no one in the stands. You can just imagine the lack of support this young man has had in his athletic development.

I'm guessing Pruitt sees agility, speed and a frame that can carry another 30-40 properly developed lbs and figured he could be getting a steal here. Same way no one wanted Harrison as a 240 lbs NT but Pruitt saw a pass rusher that might give us 10-12 sacks a year by his junior year.

Look, we're getting some real recruiting wins now that Pruitt has a stable staff of great recruiters, but we're still not ready to supplant Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State with classes having 20+ 4 and 5 star players. Therefore, Pruitt is going to look for those high 3 star players like Taylor, Campbell and Bell and, here and there, find the kid who the big boys didn't take because he needed to be developed for a couple of years. Remember, the price of getting 5 stars is they want to play as freshmen, or else they hit the transfer portal, and half of them leave after their junior year for the NFL. That means the teams with a bunch of 5 stars have to refill that roster more quickly. They have to start 5-6 freshmen every year.

It's true, the bottom of our class looks like there's going to be attrition somehow, simply because of the way we're still out there recruiting. I just don't think the amateur observers on this board, including me, have any idea what Pruitt's strategy is when it comes to those lower ranked kids. So let's not start denigrating kids where we offered and they accepted. You neve know what our staff really sees in them.

VN Store

Back