‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

Some people are natural recruiters and I don’t think he is one of them. Great coach but mediocre salesman. I don’t know any other way to explain putting close to 30 guys in the league and Not have them lining up to play for him.

Dumbest thing I’ve ever read on VN

Congrats

I don’t think it’s necessary to be criticizing someone like Garner in July y’all. I am sure he thinks he will get the necessary players as usual especially after the ones he is coaching now show a big leap this fall.
It's not unfair to suggest he needs a little bit more success on the trail.

I like Weathersby a lot. But we let many elite guys fall through last class and we're not really in on any as of right now.

Maybe they don't need to be elite??
He sure as heck hasn't had a problem when recruiting against Tennessee...
Just would like to see the same success now that he's with us.

I like Weathersby a lot. But we let many elite guys fall through last class and we're not really in on any as of right now.

Statistically he’s probably the greatest recruiter in the history of this program, other than Fulmer. Granted most of that was stint 1. I’m pretty sure they recruit areas and not position. So last year he was in on West, Webb and Nichols. He’s not struggling.

LOL, so Garner is now a bum? UT football hasn't done jacksh*t in over a decade and some posters think 5* players should be tripping over themselves to commit.

For the humor some posters like OP unintentionally provide, I can't believe this website is free.

Some people are natural recruiters and I don’t think he is one of them. Great coach but mediocre salesman. I don’t know any other way to explain putting close to 30 guys in the league and Not have them lining up to play for him.
Do we know he isn't getting players he wants and players he will put in the NFL in a few years?

Just don't think he's checking Rivals to see if a kid is worthy of a scholarship.

Garner has been regarded as one of the best recruiters in the SEC for damn near three decades. Was regarded that way at Tennessee, Georgia and Auburn

Garner has been regarded as one of the best recruiters in the SEC for damn near three decades. Was regarded that way at Tennessee, Georgia and Auburn

He has also put more D linemen in the league than the rest of the SEC over the past few years lol.

Ben McKee - who is generally worthless on the pods - did make a good point today regarding Garner. It’s not so much surprising that he’s losing Osborne to Alabama. Or a kid to Georgia or Clemson. Those schools can basically pick and choose who they want and when the kid is in state for them, well… that’s just a tough pull.

What’s confusing is him losing a kid like Tomarion Parker to Penn State or TJ Searcy to Florida. Those are the ones we should be getting.

AP compared it to how despite his reputation, Pruitt could never land elite DBs.

Could just be a case of us needing to become relevant to these kids again before we start landing elite players at those positions.

Ben McKee - who is generally worthless on the pods - did make a good point today regarding Garner. It’s not so much surprising that he’s losing Osborne to Alabama. Or a kid to Georgia or Clemson. Those schools can basically pick and choose who they want and when the kid is in state for them, well… that’s just a tough pull.

What’s confusing is him losing a kid like Tomarion Parker to Penn State or TJ Searcy to Florida. Those are the ones we should be getting.

AP compared it to how despite his reputation, Pruitt could never land elite DBs.

Could just be a case of us needing to become relevant to these kids again before we start landing elite players at those positions.
I think we’ve given opposing coaches plenty of ammo to use against us. Heupel had a great first season getting players drafted and developing kids but we’ve wasted a lot of talent in the years before. We’ve burned a lot of bridges in the years before. We’ve got an investigation hanging over our heads and no matter how much we want to minimize it, it’s still a factor. Tennessee has a long history of incompetent leadership, meddling ass boosters that will burn down the entire AD to get their way, and a history of just wasting kids college careers.

White and Heupel have done a phenomenal job so far but this doesn’t change in a year. And Dline recruiting has always been cutthroat and ruthless in this conference bc you have to have those guys in the trenches to win week in and out. Jmho

This right here!!

We can't get the cart before the horse.

It is amazing how many seem to believe that if a UT recruiter does a great job that they'll get every recruit they want. There are a few programs that get a high percentage of who they want because of their recent track record. But no one gets everyone they want even when they do a great job of recruiting. The law of averages will eventually balance out.

PS-... how quickly Bradley's commitment has been forgotten.

It is amazing how many seem to believe that if a UT recruiter does a great job that they'll get every recruit they want. There are a few programs that get a high percentage of who they want because of their recent track record. But no one gets everyone they want even when they do a great job of recruiting. The law of averages will eventually balance out.

Didn't you hear? He suck now he dropped in the rankings!

Ekeler landed Bradley

You know not what you say. Tennessee would have never won a NC in 1998 had it not been for Rodney Garner’s recruiting. He brought in 3 key players on that team

VN Store

Back