‘23 NC DL Daevin Hobbs (Tennessee commit)

I seem to remember Bradley giving credit to RG. Ekeler was his lead recruiter?
AP has said that was mainly Ekeler. He also said James Pearce was all Ekeler. He has been recruiting really well for us.
DuZ4D_2U8AA475c

North Carolina defensive lineman Daevin Hobbs is someone Tennessee wants to get to campus next weekend when it opens back up. He was set to commit on August 1st but that has been pushed back as he isn’t ready. A few weeks ago, North Carolina was likely gonna be the pick but we don’t believe that is the lock anymore. Tennessee Alabama and North Carolina are the top three. Would Bama take him with them set to land Hunter Osborne?
-VQ

***Mike Farrell has entered the chat***
Groomed is something that even a five star has to go through. K. MacKenzie really dominated out of HS. Guarantee you if he had CG coaching him he'd be better off. It happens all the time with 5* and 4* talent. If you don't have the dudes to help them reach their potential then their rating is meaningless..... on rare exceptions you get one that balls no matter what. Hell you don't have to look no further than the talent we've squander the past 10+ yrs. The 5 guys that just got drafted, honestly a year ago I maybe saw 2 that might get drafted. GBO🍊🏈

Groomed is something that even a five star has to go through. K. MacKenzie really dominated out of HS. Guarantee you if he had CG coaching him he'd be better off. It happens all the time with 5* and 4* talent. If you don't have the dudes to help them reach their potential then their rating is meaningless..... on rare exceptions you get one that balls no matter what. Hell you don't have to look no further than the talent we've squander the past 10+ yrs. The 5 guys that just got drafted, honestly a year ago I maybe saw 2 that might get drafted. GBO🍊🏈
Not what I was talking about at all 😆 but yes agreed...coaching..but not grooming lol

UT is pressing harder here, full court press. It makes me believe someone else may be off the board. Not saying names... We have made a huge late push.
We've struggled with DL recruiting. Parker committed to Penn State. Osborne looks to be headed to Bama. Whitson doesn't look like he's gonna make his grades a JuCo. Our board seems to be down to Davis, Hobbs, Norman, and Brown. And I have no idea where we stand with any of them. That's what makes me think we may have to hope to flip some DL late in the process.

We've struggled with DL recruiting. Parker committed to Penn State. Osborne looks to be headed to Bama. Whitson doesn't look like he's gonna make his grades a JuCo. Our board seems to be down to Davis, Hobbs, Norman, and Brown. And I have no idea where we stand with any of them. That's what makes me think we may have to hope to flip some DL late in the process.

There will more pop up during football season but I do understand what your saying. I think we got to so something on the D side of things this year. A good D year would sure making it more easier.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Ok... Osborne seems to be gone at this point. UT went hard, and we might have missed. It's not that we didn't go all in, it's just a miss in my opinion. It's not over, but we are also pursuing hard in two more spots. I hope I am wrong.
I have absolute faith Gardner will get one we werent supposed to get, and, find us one.

We inked two DL lats year, so, necks?

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Some people are natural recruiters and I don’t think he is one of them. Great coach but mediocre salesman. I don’t know any other way to explain putting close to 30 guys in the league and Not have them lining up to play for him.
Pretty sure he earned his reputation as a recruiter first. Not sure if you are serious.

Ok... Osborne seems to be gone at this point. UT went hard, and we might have missed. It's not that we didn't go all in, it's just a miss in my opinion. It's not over, but we are also pursuing hard in two more spots. I hope I am wrong.

All those words to not say sh*t.

Why do you play pretend insider

VN Store

Back