'22 NC DE James Pearce (Tennessee signee)

He’s the most intriguing player we’ve signed in years. I’m so excited to see how he develops. A 3 star on one service and a 5 star on another. On3’s evaluation of him would have you thinking he’s the next Chase Young. None of the NC schools offered him. The fact that he got straight A’s when he had to suggests some motivation issues, but I think he can be SO good. Really excited to watch him over the next few years.
UGA wanted him though

He’s the most intriguing player we’ve signed in years. I’m so excited to see how he develops. A 3 star on one service and a 5 star on another. On3’s evaluation of him would have you thinking he’s the next Chase Young. None of the NC schools offered him. The fact that he got straight A’s when he had to suggests some motivation issues, but I think he can be SO good. Really excited to watch him over the next few years.
You sure the NC schools didn’t offer him? That seems hard to believe

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It really pisses me off that the 3 major recruiting Services had Pearce as a top 175 player, but ESPN has him listed as like the number 79 Edge rusher and a low three star?!? It's as though they never even analyzed his highlights at all! ESPN should no longer seriously be considered a premier recruiting site because their ratings are consistently wrong and way off the charts compared to the other three sites! It's like they have a bunch of teenage girls in there just writing down names and numbers LOL it's ridiculous!

It really pisses me off that the 3 major recruiting Services had Pearce as a top 175 player, but ESPN has him listed as like the number 79 Edge rusher and a low three star?!? It's as though they never even analyzed his highlights at all! ESPN should no longer seriously be considered a premier recruiting site because their ratings are consistently wrong and way off the charts compared to the other three sites! It's like they have a bunch of teenage girls in there just writing down names and numbers LOL it's ridiculous!

ESPN is horrible and always has been with recruiting. They have hardly any evaluators. It’s all done by just a couple guys. Not a surprise they miss big time on a bunch of guys every year.

i doubt that. bet he starts & replaces byron young after this season

He'll come in to rush on certain downs by 2023 season. Compete for a starting job in 2024.

I'm glad to have him, but his body just isn't ready yet

Reactions: VolByLaw
How great will it be when we can let super talented players come in and actually have the opportunity to train and learn and develop for a couple of years before being unleashed on the field?

I’m tired of throwing 18 year old greenhorn high school kids against Alabama’s team of 24 year old 5th year senior grown ass adult men.

Coming to UT he’s 6’5 220 (at the lightest, may have added weight). Behind Baron/Young and Harrison, none of our edge guys have proven anything. No reason to think he couldn’t crack the 2 deep given how talented he is. Getting to 235 by the time season starts (3 months) with S/C will be easy

Reactions: Joe Dirt
Coming to UT he’s 6’5 220 (at the lightest, may have added weight). Behind Baron/Young and Harrison, none of our edge guys have proven anything. No reason to think he couldn’t crack the 2 deep given how talented he is. Getting to 235 by the time season starts (3 months) with S/C will be easy
When do they release new heights and weights stats.

Byron Young had 6.5 sacks last year along with 50 tackles. I wouldn't say that's "nothing"

VN Store

Back