'20 NC ATH Trenton Simpson

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
cvbpm18qkhrlrbdxjpmy

Trenton Simpson, Mallard Creek, Running Back

Trenton Simpson, 2020 Outside linebacker - Rivals

Vols offered

Yeah, but I would also still take all 3.

Evans is a complete back.
Hodge is a power back.
Thompson is probably an ILB.
I mostly meant that 2 are realistic options and good prospects and 1 is a long shot.blue chip recruit. I just thought it was funny because i read the post like we can get Tee and Thompson, then we will just throw Evans in there for good measure.

Spoke with Trenton Thompson...

The 3-star NC native has blown up in the last month, picking up offers from Tennessee, UM, Miami, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Georgia.

South Carolina, NC State and North Carolina are serious factors for the Mallard Creek ATH, but Tennessee has definitely entered the mix. While the Carolina schools like Simpson at OLB, Tennessee prefers him at RB (but are recruiting him much like Aaron Beasley). Simpson is a 6-2, 220 pound back who said (unprompted) he models his game after Jalen Hurd and Najee Harris.

Simpson told me he will be at Auburn next Saturday and then return to Tennessee on March2. Full story to come later.

- Simonton

I mostly meant that 2 are realistic options and good prospects and 1 is a long shot.blue chip recruit. I just thought it was funny because i read the post like we can get Tee and Thompson, then we will just throw Evans in there for good measure.

Learn how to read Dayton! lol

“The visit was awesome. I got a chance to spend time with the coaches, look around get a feel of the campus,” he said. “I got a chance to spend time with the coaches, tour the academic center and learn about the tutors. I really enjoyed it.”

“Coach Pruitt told me he wants a big back. They need a big back on the roster,” said Simpson, who added that he models his game after former Vol running back Jalen Hurd and current Alabama tailback Najee Harris.

“They love that I’m big and that I’m physical, but that I can still put a move on a safety or run through the safety. They also said they like me as a person.” “Whatever I come in, that best fits for them, that’s the plan. … They like my character and how I carry myself. Coach Pruitt said that’s a big role of what they’re trying to build: Players with character who can also play ball. He said I would really fit at Tennessee.”

Chris Weinke, now UT’s quarterback’s coach, is the lead recruiter for Simpson, with former tailbacks grad assistant and now quality control analyst Caleb Cox heavily involved, too. Simpson spent ample time with both coaches Saturday and he left so impressed that he’s already penciled in a return trip.

“I’ll be at Auburn this Saturday and then be back at Tennessee on March 2 for the basketball game against Kentucky,” he explained. “I want to spend more time with the coaches and get a feel of the campus with people on it. They said a lot of top prospects will be there.”

- VQ

VN Store

Back