4_4928554.jpg

6-1
CLASS OF 19
CHARLOTTE, NC
(WEST MECKLENBURG)

Khafre Brown, West Mecklenburg, Running Back

Rivals.com

Khafre Brown - Hudl

New staff visited with Brown this morning at his HS per VQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
West Meck...right down the road.

Wasn't West Meck the school this year that had to discipline a bunch of kids for off the field issues and they all transferred to Meyers Park and other schools? Or was that East Meck?

Something to do with stealing drugs from a drug dealer and the dealer reported them to the cops (lol)

Last edited:
61cda3d8829548f633bdd88231a17f7c.png

Rivals

The RB/WR is working hard on track right now, but schools are recruiting him as a Tavon Austin-type playmaker.

Has been timed at 10.55 in the 100-meters. Has offers from Alabama, FSU, Va. Tech, UNC, Tennessee, Michigan. He's been to most of those schools and will visit Tennessee for the first time on March 24. Will have video with Brown later.

-Simonton

Reactions: 1 person
Price interview up on VQ with Brown...said he hears the most from Syracuse, UGA, Michigan, UNC, Tennessee. Has an older brother at UNC. Said coaches telling him mostly WR. Heard UT has great environment, great coaches, academics and he wants to run track, likes what he hears about UT's track program. Looking forward to checking it out this weekend. Had an ACL tear last year so he missed spring track but looking forward to running this spring, said he's back to 100% healthy.

Reactions: 4 people
“the receivers coach, i like how he pushes the receivers in practice. He didn’t let them take no plays off,” said brown, who’s ranked the nation’s no. 150 overall prospect and the no. 3 player from north carolina in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “(johnson emphasized) getting off the ball, and then he stressed attacking every pass.” the 5-foot-11.5, 176-pound brown said the visit “helped” tennessee, and he’s hoping to take another look at the vols as early as this summer. “i’m going to go back and visit again,” he said.

Brown said he decided to make the trip to knoxville after recently hearing plenty from new vols coach jeremy pruitt’s staff, led by tight ends coach brian niedermeyer. “i’ve been thinking about that school, and then, when they told me they wanted me to come up there, i just went ahead and took a visit,” brown said. “i was supposed to go with (crouch) on (march) 23rd, 24th. We were supposed to go up there together, but i ended up going to a track meet and he went up there.”

while brown said he was interested in tennessee even “before that,” he said he has heard good things about the vols from crouch, a standout at charlotte’s harding university high school who has visited them twice since january. “we’re close,” brown said of crouch, who’s ranked the no. 18 overall prospect and no. 2 athlete in the 247sports composite for the 2019 class. “he said he liked the school. He said he surely would visit more.”

brown said he spoke with niedermeyer during the visit, and niedermeyer and the rest of tennessee’s staff told brown that the vols could use a receiver like him. “he was just telling me that they need some speedy receivers like me,” said brown, a track standout with a personal record of 10.55 seconds in the 100 meters. “they said they have receivers, but they’re lacking speed.”

the 247sports crystal ball currently points to north carolina as the favorite to land brown, and he already has visited the tar heels multiple times. But he said he’s “not too worried about” the possibility of joining his brother at north carolina. “i mean, i don’t really look at them no different,” khafre brown said. “he made his decision to go there.”

brown said the trip to tennessee “was my first visit in a while,” and he said he has “no idea where my next visit’s going to be at” or when he might hit the road again. He’s also not sure when he might be ready to decide on a college. “i don’t really have a certain time,” brown said.

Reactions: 2 people
UNC will not be a factor long. Fedora was told 8 wins was a must. He will be fortunate to get half. Brown, Crouch, Howell and Brown will be Vols imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
the four-star junior wide receiver from charlotte’s west mecklenburg high school said monday that he doesn’t have a leader among his current top six, but he admitted he’s hearing the most from west virginia, tennessee, north carolina and michigan. “the rest of them, they’ll check in from time to time,” brown said, adding that the four teams recruiting him hardest are talking with him almost every day. The tar heels hosted khafre brown on his latest visit on april 28. He also traveled to tennessee in early april, just a few days before he included the vols in his top six, along with north carolina, west virginia, michigan, florida state and south carolina.

More than a month after his first trip to tennessee, he said he’s still hearing from the vols “every day,” and he hasn’t forgotten the strong first impression they made on him last month. “i liked it a lot — more than i expected,” brown said. “they were up there (on my list). Then, that visit put them up there a little bit more.” brown said he liked “a lot” of things about his visit to tennessee. “we did a campus tour. I liked the campus,” he said. “it’s not very far. You don’t really have to walk real far to get to where you need to be, because the dorms are directly beside the practice facility and all that. I like the walk before the game — the vol walk. That was a lot of people. I seen the pictures. I never knew they had that.”

vols tight ends coach brian niedermeyer stopped at brown’s school last month on the first day of the ongoing spring evaluation period. Brown said niedermeyer has stayed in frequent contact with him, and niedermeyer has one of the strongest relationships with him among the coaches recruiting him. Niedermeyer, tennessee offensive coordinator tyson helton and first-year head coach jeremy pruitt all have made it clear to brown that he’s a priority for the vols. “they need some more shifty and fast receivers, and i can do a lot in their program,” brown said.

He said he met pruitt last year during a visit to alabama, where pruitt previously served as the crimson tide’s defensive coordinator, and he likes what he has seen and heard from pruitt so far at tennessee. “when he was at (alabama) before, i met him there. It was last spring,” brown said. “i mean, he’s cool. He’s cool. He means business, though. He was just telling me how their game plan is and where i’ll fit in.”

brown said he spent a couple of days at michigan last year, and he remembers being impressed by “the practice facilities” there, along with what he saw from the wolverines on the field. “i liked the style of play, and then the coaching staff,” he said. While he has yet to visit west virginia, he said he’s planning to take a closer look at the mountaineers. “i’m going to take the trip up there very soon,” brown said. “i talked to the receivers coach, and they said they like to throw the ball around. They tell me i’ll fit best in their program.”

brown said he’s not planning to trim his list of top choices to an even smaller group of finalists for a few more months, but he admitted he already knows that he’s looking for “somewhere i can go and get some playing time first year.” “i think i have a chance to play as a freshman at any school i have in my top six,” he said. For now, he said he’s not planning to decide on a college until after his senior season, but he’s not sure when he might be ready to make his choice. “probably around football season, i’ll drop it down to three,” brown said. “i don’t know when (i will decide).”

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back