National Signing Day at VolNation & text alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for confirmation from Freak that Richmond decommitted.

What networks are running NSD shows? I would like to watch this on TV, while I watch this online, while I receive text updates, while I discuss the boom on VN.

Oh, and the time. What time do I need to start loading the boom cannons?

Holy cow that's awesome!
Just signed up for text alerts had no idea that was possible!
Always used tweet notifications through Twitter which also came with an email

While I would love to get the texts, there is no way I'm providing my ID and password. That's really not a good idea. :eek:

While I would love to get the texts, there is no way I'm providing my ID and password. That's really not a good idea. :eek:

Not sure what you're talking about. You don't have to provide your ID and password to anyone.

Not sure what you're talking about. You don't have to provide your ID and password to anyone.

It's been a long day, perhaps I'm missing something. Below are the instructions that were provided. It says to reply to the text with your Twitter ID and then reply again with your Password??

1. Text the word start to 40404.
2. You will receive a text asking for your username.
3. Reply to that text with your twitter username.
4. You will receive a text asking for your twitter password.
5. Reply to that text with your twitter password (passwords are case sensitive so be sure your phone doesn't capitalize the first letter).
6. You will receive a text stating that your password is correct and asking you to confirm text alerts.
7. Reply to that text with ok.
8. Now you are all set up to receive texts.
9. Lastly, reply to the last text with the text follow volnation
10. You will now receive a text stating that you will see our tweets on your phone.

Last edited:
It's been a long day, perhaps I'm missing something. Below are the instructions that were provided. It says to reply to the text with your Twitter ID and then reply again with your Password??

1. Text the word start to 40404.
2. You will receive a text asking for your username.
3. Reply to that text with your twitter username.
4. You will receive a text asking for your twitter password.
5. Reply to that text with your twitter password (passwords are case sensitive so be sure your phone doesn't capitalize the first letter).
6. You will receive a text stating that your password is correct and asking you to confirm text alerts.
7. Reply to that text with ok.
8. Now you are all set up to receive texts.
9. Lastly, reply to the last text with the text follow volnation
10. You will now receive a text stating that you will see our tweets on your phone.
But that's Twitter texting you asking you for your twitter username and password... You're not giving it to @Freak.

Edit: Oh, wow. Disregard. That post is from last signing day lol.

Present and accounted for !

giphy.gif

Reactions: Vol464
It looks like the instructions are a little bit different now with Twitter for this that want this setup. Instead of texting “Start” to 40404, you can text “On vol_freak” to 40404 and get updates from freak.

Here is the link for the command they use now through text for those interested:

Twitter SMS Commands

@Freak

Reactions: Freak
So is Cox a take and will he sign with us today? What say ye? And just the sane members of RF please you FF fellows don't know crap. :p:D

So is Cox a take and will he sign with us today? What say ye? And just the sane members of RF please you FF fellows don't know crap. :p:D
Signed with Ole Miss.

Not sure how many more we are taking but it's slim pickings. Hopefully we get Wright.

start command doesn't work on 40404
Someone pointed this out last night. I think you have to go into settings/notifications/sms within the app settings now. I'll have to update this at some point. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back