National Debt Hits $30T

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
First, I'd like to thank the people who refuse to stop voting Republican and/or Democrat.

I'd like to thank Trump for adding $8T of that debt in just 4 years. I didn't think that level of spending was going to be possible for at least another decade. Masterful work there, old chap. He signed off on over a 1/4 of our national debt in 1 term. Let that sink in.

I'd like to thank Biden for saying "hold my beer."

I'd like to thank all the presidents in my lifetime. Basically everybody in congress. The special interest groups. The media. The educational system. And so on.

National debt surpasses $30 trillion due to COVID, government spending

First, I'd like to thank the people who refuse to stop voting Republican and/or Democrat.

I'd like to thank Trump for adding $8T of that debt in just 4 years. I didn't think that level of spending was going to be possible for at least another decade. Masterful work there, old chap. He signed off on over a 1/4 of our national debt in 1 term. Let that sink in.

I'd like to thank all the presidents in my lifetime. Basically everybody in congress. The special interest groups. The media. The educational system. And so on.

The year I was born the national debt was $270B and I'm still alive.

Now ya talking buddy. I remember when the Debt hit 2 trillion. Is was a BIG deal. The argument in government and on nightly news went on for weeks. Nobody had conceived of a trillion in popular culture. It was a new word.

We bailed out the corrupt banks, spent 8 trillion plus over the last 20 years in conflicts we had no business in, have given out billions to foreign countries that hate us and have allowed politicians and big corporate interests in this country to siphon off billions... yet when it comes to $1 trillion in student debt... nah, that's just a bridge too far.

I knew better than take on that debt. Somehow all I did was pay for yours. I was making 40 g's working myself to the bone while the rest of y'all were being frivilous debt collectors. Not my fault. I'm going to pay for you anyway, and if you don't make a big deal about it I'll just rack it up to "just another trillion." I feel sorry for the children of cryptos, but I'll be dead. Your problem now.

You're welcome.

Both Biden and Trump are mere chumps compared to Obama, who added $8.7 trillion. Trump with the Covid protocol at $6.7 was not far behind though. GW in the middle of the war, could only muster $5.6. Biden is starting strong though. That $3 trillion BBB bill didnt make it but no doubt when the GOP takes over congress in the fall, they will be in a good position to negotiate some crazy spending on their own pork so they can sell out the voters.

Reactions: hog88
Trumps debt was officially 7.8 T. anyone that tells you different is probably looking at (russians) trumpets social. Obamas debt might have been more, I don't doubt it. You can consider them equals on debt. The difference is republicans used to be concerned about debt. and more than likely Obama had a plan. trumpets are just helping their friends.

Social Security + Medicare + Defense. In 2021, those three areas were 73% of the federal budget.

The US Government, despite the myriad things it is involved in, is a pension, health insurance for seniors, and security company. It's really pretty simple. If you want to tackle the debt/deficit problem you have to address those 3 things, but nobody wants to. All the other stuff they spend money on is rather irrelevant - the other spending could be gutted and you'd still have a huge debt problem.

I couldn't care less. I can't do anything about it, because those in charge will continue to run it higher.

This generation are not bad. I watched them try to fight wall street thinking they had power. Then gave up, realizing they didn't, and now trying to migrate through the online digital economy, where it's all about being seen and noticed. When I was growing up, we were very much democratic growing up, and our moto was " **** the fame, give me the money." That got lost in the politics, but we were not protesting, and not so visible. We hated being seen. California turned it into a "seen" economy. I loath cali. can't wait until it falls in the ocean.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Trumps debt was officially 7.8 T. anyone that tells you different is probably looking at (russians) trumpets social. Obamas debt might have been more, I don't doubt it. You can consider them equals on debt. The difference is republicans used to be concerned about debt. and more than likely Obama had a plan. trumpets are just helping their friends.

Obama added about $8.6T. Blame lays at the feet of both parties. Several times over the past 20 years both parties have had sole control of the House, Senate and Oval Office. NO ONE…did a damn thing about reeling in incessant spending. Buying votes from both sides.

One day it's all going to come tumbling down and whoever is alive will be in deep poo. I don't see how we can sustain it another 50 years.
It's an unconscionable number but it will continue as long as their is no plausible replacement on the horizon for the USD as the reserve currency.

It'll end one day, but a nation's run of dominance can last longer than people think. The GBP was the world's reserve currency for something like 150 years; the USD has been the main reserve currency for "only" about 50.

Reactions: McDad
It doesn’t mean anything , not the dollar , not the yen , not the euro . In the end it will all be one regulated digital currency that is controlled by one group / organization probably with 3 letters . It’s just a matter of how long it takes to get there , and what will trigger everyone coming together to agree on it . My prediction into the future. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Orangeburst
It'll end one day, but a nation's run of dominance can last longer than people think. The GBP was the world's reserve currency for something like 150 years; the USD has been the main reserve currency for "only" about 50.
Well, the UK didn't start going broke until WWI and after WWII, they were replaced by the US. So within one generation of them going broke, they lost their position at the top.

Well, the UK didn't start going broke until WWI and after WWII, they were replaced by the US. So within one generation of them going broke, they lost their position at the top.
We don’t make anything anymore, our place at the top isn’t long for this world either… I guess that’s why we spend so much on military.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

VN Store

Back