Nathan Peterman outshines 1st rounder Josh Allen and Bammer McCarron!

Old Geezer

Nathan Peterman put on a clinic tonight, coming from behind to defeat the Cleveland Browns, led by Heisman trophy winner Baker Mayfield. Peterman led the competition, including first round pick teammate Josh Allen, completing 8 of 10 for 113 yards. Peterman is an extremely accurate passer, but seems to have a flair for horrendous starts, then settles down into his sharp shooter form. Looks like he should start for the Bills. Josh Allen may be the future, but Nathan was clearly dominant tonight. Nobody came close to Peterman's performance. Is another underappreciated Vol looking at an NFL future?

Last edited:
Best qbs we’ve lost all make rosters.

Regardless of how bad Butch was, Peterman was not a good QB at Tennessee. In fact, he was awful. I don’t think he would disagree if you asked him either. I think SEC play was ultimately just too fast for him, the ACC was weaker and gave him time to develop into the QB he is today.

Plus he obviously got better coaching at Pitt.

If anyone wants to blame butch jones, I support you. Dude was a **** head coach and numnut. The talent that was/is wasted is unreal and probably tragic. Thank God for better days

Reactions: General Jack
Peterman doesn't do well under position competition. When he feels like he's the man, he will do better. But when he feels like he has to play better to keep his spot, he will crumble.

Peterman was literally going up against scrubs who will probably be cut in a couple of weeks. If the Bills are having to rely on Nathan Peterman as a starting QB, they may as well start thinking about who they will take #1 overall in the upcoming draft.

Reactions: Smokeyman
Allen had the "deer in the headlights" look about him...he's got some issues to work out...Peterman definitely was the star

GO VOLS!

Allen is trash though. mcCarron is a clipboard holder. He has been accurate this preseason. He is playing well.

I disagree - after watching it, Allen made better decisions against better players at that point in the game. Peterman played ok but O'Leary really bailed him out against busted coverage by the 3rd team Browns D, along with a couple of Cleveland penalties on 3rd down. I'm pulling for Peterman, but he is not really better than Allen at this point IMO.

Allen is more versatile. The guy also has a huge arm. Think the Bills will bite the bullet and go with Allen. Peterman is a professional back-up. One preseason games vs the Browns isnt going to change many opinions on him.

Am I correct in thinking the the guy Butch had starting is the only one not on an NFL roster (Worley). Can't remember the roster timing of Dobbs, Peterman, Ferguson, etc

VN Store

Back