Nashville needs an MLB team. Prove me wrong.

Nashville is 1 of the fastest growing metro area in the country. They would be a candidate for expansion, but there are other cities more deserving at this point. Regardless of the outcome of baseball to Nashville, Chop On. Go Braves.

An MLB team in Nashville would be interesting. Braves Country is a real thing and outside of people who live in the Nashville metro I'm not sure they would get a big draw. There are a bunch of Braves fans in Nashville itself as well.

If they ever got a team I would want them to do well, and it would be cool to go to a game in a new ballpark there, but I wouldn't pull for and follow them like I do the Braves.

Reactions: tbwhhs and ATC_VOL
Would Braves, Reds, and Cards fans in Nashville convert to a Nashville MLB team? Especially Braves fans.

Would Braves, Reds, and Cards fans in Nashville convert to a Nashville MLB team? Especially Braves fans.
Eventually, people would convert. I saw it happen in the early 80s when cable got to West Tennessee. I was only about 8, but I can remember folks that were Cardinals fans seemed to switch to the Braves just because they could see them everyday on TBS.

Nashville is 1 of the fastest growing metro area in the country. They would be a candidate for expansion, but there are other cities more deserving at this point. Regardless of the outcome of baseball to Nashville, Chop On. Go Braves.
I don't see much probability of the league expanding given the way our economy and demographics are changing. They would have to hope a team like The Oakland A's or someone like that is frustrated with their deal and moves.

Did Falcons, Bengals, etc fans convert to Titans fans?
I don't really think there were many Falcons and Bengals fans in Nashville before the Titans arrived, because those teams don't have regional fanbases. The Braves are kind of a unique deal because they are such a regional team. They have fans all over the southeast, even among people who aren't from or have never lived in Atlanta.

I think many Braves fans in the Nashville metro would eventually convert, or become a fan of both teams, but I think they would have trouble drawing from the surrounding region because the Braves are such a regional team. I'm not sure many Braves fans in Chattanooga or Birmingham, for example, would become huge fans of the Nashville team.

Braves would never allow it but I’d move one of the Florida teams there

The Marlins allegedly signed a 35-year agreement that prevents them from relocating when they built the new stadium.

The Braves/Cardinals/Reds are all similar distance from Nashville. None really have any say so in the matter. MLB has already given the Rays permission to explore other options. The Rays lease of Tropicana Field runs out in 2027 and they're already flirting with Nashville.

VN Store

Back