Nance or Bray?

All of that would matter BUT ...look who your OC is . Look at CDD's offense . Both feature a running QB . CDD pro style morphs into a spread at a moments notice. CJC really wanted Nance from what I hear ...there is most likely a reason for that. Nance was going to play QB at Vandy ...he didn't swap to not play QB. With weaknesses in the O line , look for a rolling pocket , spread formations and a mobile QB.

Bray would have to be flawless to overcome what these guys are looking for

This.

Rivals has Bray's 40 time at 5.45 and Nance's at 5.01 so the people that think the speed of Nance will make the difference are just kidding themselves. It's going to come down to reading the D and a quick release.

Nance runs like a 4.7 bro.

By the time either Nance or Bray plays the O line's "holes" should be addressed.

Rivals has Bray's 40 time at 5.45 and Nance's at 5.01 so the people that think the speed of Nance will make the difference are just kidding themselves. It's going to come down to reading the D and a quick release.

Right on...if 40 times were of any significance at the QB position then Peyton Manning and Tom Brady would of never got a college scholarship. The only times that matter with a QB is his drop times and release times, period!

I like what they both bring to the table. Nance was recruited by Dooleys coaching staff technically and that was after they knew they had Bray and Simms. Shows me something there, because that is alot of QB's to bring in one year alone. That being said though, Nick Stevens will earn the job outright and will probably struggle through the year. Then whoever out of the two has shown the most once this comes to be, that person will be our QB of the future= Bray hands down.

Based on everything so far, who do you all think has a better shot to succeed at UT?

The one that works the hardest and is most successful at overcoming his current liabilities. Bray needs to add bulk in order to survive the hits he'll take at UT. Nance needs to fix a hitch in his throwing motion and prove he's got an SEC arm. Both are smart. Both appear to make good decisions and are able to keep their heads under pressure.

Bray seems to have a better shot but Nance can close the gap.

Oh, btw, the way this WR recruiting class is shaping up, the guy who can get it to the "playmakers" will be the guy. It is really hard to be sure which one will be able to make that adjustment the best. That factor has little to do with physical talent.

By the time either Nance or Bray plays the O line's "holes" should be addressed.

uh-huh ...addressed by ....??? The returning guys ? Remember ...the ones that could not get on the field because the injured , walk-ons , and converted tight ends were such a force to be reckoned with .

Or is it ...the freshmen ?

An effective starting Freshman Oline man comes along as often as Haleys comet or An effective starting Freshman liebacker.

Not wanting to be negative ...but gotta keep it real .
The staff will have scheme ( smoke and mirrors ) to cover the soft spots

I don't think Dual-Threat QBs would work here.
We run a pro-style offense. (Manning, Ainge, Crompton)

We don't anymore ...look at CJC's O ...look at the CDD O . We are a long way from the Al Saunders offense

Toto ...you are not in Kansas anymore

Right on...if 40 times were of any significance at the QB position then Peyton Manning and Tom Brady would of never got a college scholarship. The only times that matter with a QB is his drop times and release times, period!

there is not going to be alot of 'drop time' in what you are gonna see .

uh-huh ...addressed by ....??? The returning guys ? Remember ...the ones that could not get on the field because the injured , walk-ons , and converted tight ends were such a force to be reckoned with .

Or is it ...the freshmen ?

An effective starting Freshman Oline man comes along as often as Haleys comet or An effective starting Freshman liebacker.

Not wanting to be negative ...but gotta keep it real .
The staff will have scheme ( smoke and mirrors ) to cover the soft spots

By the time either is ready to take the job, there will sophomores and juniors in front of them.

Guys,

Stars mean nothing...Rating high school talent is not a exact science. A buddy of mine had his son walk on at Nebraska to play TE. Had some d-1AA offers but no big d-1. He played all fours years there. He played ahead of a Four Star recruit. He just finished his senior season last year.

The best guy on the field will win the job, not how many stars you have behind your name. If its Bray or if its Nance the winner will have proved on the field. However, I would not count out Nance just because he is a 2 star.. In competition the cream rises to the top.

Orton was pretty good for Purdue.

I remember at one point during his senior year at Purdue watching a game and at that point in the season he had 17 TD passes and 0 picks.

But the answer to the thread is Bray. Yes Chaney was high on Nash but I don't think he would have been quite so high on him if it wasn't for Da'Rick.

Although it is true that the proof is in the pudding as far as potential for recruits goes, I would have to say that unless Nash is the most unknown talent ever scouted - if he beats out Bray then we are likely in some trouble.

VN Store

Back