Mychal Rivera's Sister Missing

Gang, my sister is missing today too. She went missing in the Knoxville area around 5 pm yesterday. If you see a red prius parked at a service station, etc, please let me know. Praying for the Rivera family too! My sister was coming into East Knoxville she could be anywhere from Greenville, Strawberry plains, that area.
Hope you get some good news man, that sucks.

According to authorities, her son told them that she jumped in the water and didn't come back to the surface. If anyone else was there, I would assume a child that is almost 5 would tell them. It sounds like an tragic drowning to me.

That’s awful. Happens pretty regularly here on Lake Lanier.

That and my 30 year old lifeguard training is why I never dive into the lake when I can’t see anyone’s feet kicking below the surface.

Good rule of thumb.

Gang, my sister is missing today too. She went missing in the Knoxville area around 5 pm yesterday. If you see a red prius parked at a service station, etc, please let me know. Praying for the Rivera family too! My sister was coming into East Knoxville she could be anywhere from Greenville, Strawberry plains, that area.

Prayers sent for you sister and the family. Any news on your sister? She was expected in East Knox and didn't make it to her destination ? Traveling from Greenville Tn to East Knoxville ? Have you contacted the authorities ?

If you have a Facebook or IG page, make a shareable post with as much information as possible. Praying for Her safe return.

Reactions: VolDave53
Prayers that she is found safe and that is a terrible thing for a 5 year old child to witness.

Greeneville?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It definitely sounds like foul play in this scenario. There's no way a mother would just leave her child floating alone in a boat. I really hope it turns out for the best, but it doesn't sound good.
According to authorities, her son told them that she jumped in the water and didn't come back to the surface. If anyone else was there, I would assume a child that is almost 5 would tell them. It sounds like an tragic drowning to me.
My first instinct would be she dove into water that was too shallow. Head first into the bottom. It could knock you out cold or break your neck. Remember back in the 80s and 90s when people were diving headfirst into backyard shallow pools. Drownings and paralyzations were happening around the country. People assume you can dive into any pool.
Pontoon boats are for shallow water.
Whatever happened is truly tragic for her family, especially that little boy.

My first instinct would be she dove into water that was too shallow. Head first into the bottom. It could knock you out cold or break your neck. Remember back in the 80s and 90s when people were diving headfirst into backyard shallow pools. Drownings and paralyzations were happening around the country. People assume you can dive into any pool.
Pontoon boats are for shallow water.
Whatever happened is truly tragic for her family, especially that little boy.
When I was in tech school in San Antonio (Air Force), I dove head first into a motel pool after a night of drinking. Don’t know how I survived...or even avoided a concussion. Whenever anyone asks what’s wrong with me...

Not making light of this situation, but that is a random thing that happens more than we could possibly know.

Looking at her Twitter profile, her last post was a picture of her and what I presume to be her son, saying "just the two of us"

In the comments people are suggesting it could refer to lyrics from an Eminem song where a mom drowns leaving her son behind. If that's the case, have to think possible suicide :(
Those fans are just trying to make it more interesting or are too young to remember the Bill Withers song. "Just the two of us" is a very common song to sing or thought to express when you are alone with someone you love.

I think that one's a reach by the commenters.

Prayers to her family and especially to the boy. That is HARD.

That’s awful. Happens pretty regularly here on Lake Lanier.

That and my 30 year old lifeguard training is why I never dive into the lake when I can’t see anyone’s feet kicking below the surface.

Good rule of thumb.
So, you never dive into Lanier, I take it.

Reactions: kcvols1
Pretty much, though it has its days. Mainly weekdays...
I did a scuba certification at Lanier years ago. It was a real "eye opener"! LOL! What a mudscape with ghostl hulks of dead trees. 8 foot visibility at best. Don't ever dive without scoping it out first!

Reactions: kcvols1
It definitely sounds like foul play in this scenario. There's no way a mother would just leave her child floating alone in a boat. I really hope it turns out for the best, but it doesn't sound good.

The child told police his mother went into the water and never came up.

VN Store

Back