My thoughts on each player, what are yours?

You have to get game minutes to reach your potential. If no guards leave for the NBA after this season then Gaines needs to find a place where he can get on the court. He’s too good to not play. If there’s no minutes available at UT then he ought to find greener pastures. IMHO
Surely at least one of Keon or Jaden is gone, and at this point I'm expecting both and will be pleasantly surprised if not

Reactions: The Dog
Surely at least one of Keon or Jaden is gone, and at this point I'm expecting both and will be pleasantly surprised if not
Yeah, after 3 games, if I was a betting man, I would bet the house, they both go in the first round and at the least, both get drafted along with Pons. Anything less than 2 draft picks next year, will be a disappointment, imo.

Yeah, after 3 games, if I was a betting man, I would bet the house, they both go in the first round and at the least, both get drafted along with Pons. Anything less than 2 draft picks next year, will be a disappointment, imo.
Man I'm about halfway through catching up on tonight's game, I'm starting to think that not only will Keon and Jaden be drafted, but they could both be lottery picks, especially Keon. They are incredibly good

Reactions: The Dog
I certainly hope that is the case, but even in Nkamhoua's high school tape, I saw nothing to give me hope. I was very adamant that I didn't want us to sign him. Thought we were better served holding the scholarship, and still believe that, to this point. Fulk at least flashed early on and gave you glimpses of what he could be, then had the unfortunate injury. It was fair to wonder after two years if he would ever make good on that early promise he showed. Plavsic is big, moves pretty well, and is mildly coordinated for a guy his size, but he's also a 22 year old rSO. I'd love to see more of the guy who whipped Mississippi State, last year, to the tune of 16 pts, 3 rebs, 2 assts. That is what I go back to holding out hope for him.
I thought BigO looked pretty good tonight. We really need him to be good as his size can be much more valuable vs athletic big men than Anosike's heart and hustle will be. He's got better hands than I thought. He's got a really good looking jumper for a guy his size. Still a long ways to go but he flashed a bit tonight I thought.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I thought BigO looked pretty good tonight. We really need him to be good as his size can be much more valuable vs athletic big men than Anosike's heart and hustle will be. He's got better hands than I thought. He's got a really good looking jumper for a guy his size. Still a long ways to go but he flashed a bit tonight I thought.
He needs to look for his shots in the post and stop being passive. The team will need positive minutes from him off the bench. I liked his aggressiveness yesterday.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Watching Uros last night gave me a little hope that he may grow into a serviceable player down the road and I’d been leaning towards him never contributing. He appears to becoming more aware on D and moving his feet better. Seems like he wants to pass out of the post instead of shooting. If they could get him to fight to get a foot or 2 closer to the basket before asking for the ball then go up strong he might make more shots or get fouled a lot if he misses and his ft shot looks solid. He’s still got a long way to go but he stays engaged from the bench and appears to be having fun.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Watching Uros last night gave me a little hope that he may grow into a serviceable player down the road and I’d been leaning towards him never contributing. He appears to becoming more aware on D and moving his feet better. Seems like he wants to pass out of the post instead of shooting. If they could get him to fight to get a foot or 2 closer to the basket before asking for the ball then go up strong he might make more shots or get fouled a lot if he misses and his ft shot looks solid. He’s still got a long way to go but he stays engaged from the bench and appears to be having fun.
I think his improvement will happen and will be proportional to his minutes played. His first few minutes last night he was a little unsteady, but the last couple of possessions he looked better.

Reactions: walkenvol
It would be a major step toward FF next year if we could keep two of these three another year - Fulky, Keon, Springer.

Along with picking up Chandler, Mashack, and Walker as backup, UT would be a matchup nightmare.

I didn't get to watch closely enough to really comment. From what I saw, he did look better, but I imagine that the opponent had a lot to do with it. Finally grabbed a rebound, so that's improvment.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back