My thoughts at the half

Status
Not open for further replies.

milohimself

RIP CITY
Ainge vs. Clausen... We will be fine this game but the future scares me. We can handle UAB's defense but against teams like Florida, Georgia and LSU we will NEED the deep passing attack which Clausen cannot provide. Ainge, while having the ability seems to make too many mistakes. I hope Ainge can find a stride sometime because in the long run, he is the one we will need if we are to contend for the SEC. Our WR's are looking inconsistent as well which just worsens the situation.

Day of the backup... Riggs eventually got stale and Yancey looked studly! Alright. Actually I think we need to rotate the two. Our running game will be fine but this game is a prime example of how we will need to have a multi-dimensional offense.

Defense... Same as last year. Our DBacks need to commit faster, although tackling is better. Our defense needs to provide a bit more pressure, we need to bring on the blitz more. Although Hackney is probably the best QB we will face all year in terms of composure.

Discuss quickly, this thread gets shut down to go back to the game thread as soon as the game starts back up.

yeah well ainge just needs to shake off that int and focus. the boy is a stud and has made some nice plays taking away that int. defense we havent done that bad. I mean only three points. not bad.

I agree on the defense. I don't see much change. I am scared to see what UM does with his spread offense. Any insight. Or does it not look promising??

We're not going to see many QBs better than Hackney.

Originally posted by USAF_Vol@Sep 3, 2005 11:05 AM
I agree on the defense.  I don't see much change.  I am scared to see what UM does with his spread offense.  Any insight.  Or does it not look promising??
[snapback]134975[/snapback]​

Except for Allen, our DBacks are playing slow... If Florida really does have four 4.3 speed receivers, I fear our D may get burned. Not to mention I have been underwhelmed by our D-line.

Hackney is suppose to be something else so that doesnt worry me any. he is like a byron leftwhich. We will see today just how good the gators really are.

Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 3, 2005 2:07 PM
Except for Allen, our DBacks are playing slow... If Florida really does have four 4.3 speed receivers, I fear our D may get burned. Not to mention I have been underwhelmed by our D-line.
[snapback]134981[/snapback]​

Agreed, but UAB is running a lot of quick stuff to negate the pressure.

Yep. I think Leak has better skills than Hackney but Hackney is definitley the toughest QB we will see all regular season.

Originally posted by GAVol@Sep 3, 2005 11:09 AM
Agreed, but UAB is running a lot of quick stuff to negate the pressure.
[snapback]134989[/snapback]​

Maybe. We will see if Meyer tries to get rid of the ball fast or will stick it and trick it. If he does the latter, we might have a chance.

I can't believe UAB hasn't tried a deep ball on us yet.

Originally posted by GAVol@Sep 3, 2005 11:12 AM
I can't believe UAB hasn't tried a deep ball on us yet.
[snapback]134993[/snapback]​

They have landed one or two on us for good chunks of yardage.

UAB o-line is doing a good job, we're playing a ton of zone and Hackney is doing a good job of getting rid of the ball.

Originally posted by USAF_Vol@Sep 3, 2005 11:12 AM
I don't see much pressure on Hackney.  What gives?
[snapback]134994[/snapback]​

Hackney is a tough SOB and they are getting rid of the ball fast.

Originally posted by GAVol@Sep 3, 2005 1:13 PM
UAB o-line is doing a good job, we're playing a ton of zone and Hackney is doing a good job of getting rid of the ball.
[snapback]134998[/snapback]​

They are doing well. We are doing good at stopping the run. And yeah, Hackney has snuck in a few long yard passes. I hope nothing gets out of hand.

AINGE NEEDS TO CHILL OUT!!

Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 3, 2005 2:13 PM
They have landed one or two on us for good chunks of yardage.
[snapback]134996[/snapback]​

Yeah, but I really expected UAB to be going down the field on us more. Hackney has been mainly dinking and dunking.

And on to an obvious problem. Dropped passes...Just nerves getting the best of them

Is anybody else a little worried with the passing situation? Not today but for Florida, Georgia, LSU, Bama, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back