My take...

Tennessee is not very good. I hope I am wrong, but I think the season is about to get ugly when conference play starts.
I don't disagree. I have never thought we were anything more than an NCAA bubble team and my opinion hasn't changed. Well maybe for 5 minutes after the Washington game.

I said I hope I am wrong. But good teams don't shoot 20%. At least they don't shoot 20% more than once. They go on the road against Kentucky, Auburn, Florida and they are going to get hammered.
Maybe you don't know enough to understand that EVERY player who's ever played the game and EVERY team has had a few off nights in a season. This includes good teams, bad teams, and everything in between. Tennessee shot 25% and occasionally good teams have a horrific night. Join the others.....you guys get together and commiserate with yourselves because you are disappointed at being fans of the school you support.

We're not talented at all really. Barnes is still coaching them up and has them way ahead of schedule from where I thought we'd be. Defensively we're the best that we've been under barnes, offensively we're probably the worst we've been. Between Turner's injuries and Bowden's inconsistencies, it's tough to score. Bowden isn't a number one option on a good team. He's best when he gets the ball on a kick out or when he's cutting to the basket, not when he has to create his own shot. Turner isn't healthy enough to be the go to scorer, and he has his limitations as far as size and athletic ability.

Fulkerson, Pons, and James at least so far are not going to be go to scorers. It's just not their game. I will note that James's shot is looking significantly different in the Memphis game than in the previous games. Looks like it is starting to help. That layoff did him some good.

We played about as bad a humanly possible on offense against Memphis and still had a chance to take the lead with 20 seconds left. Our defense will keep us in any game we play. We just have to find ways to score.

Reactions: Caculator

VN Store

Back