Jazmine Massengill
Zaay Green
Jordon Horston
Edited: Tamari Key

1st sub: Rae Burrell
1 st big sub: KK

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyvol777
Do you know something that we don't know about Emily? Not saying she couldn't start, just curious why her over a experienced KK?

She is a true 6"5"
2019_20_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg

approx 3 inches taller than 6'4" KK'
I can work with that!

1. Jordan Horston
2. Zaay Green
3. Rennia Davis
4. Tamari Key
5. Kasiyahna Kushkituah
Hard to tell about subs it according to fouls, and how they did in practice.
Kamera Harris, Jessie Rennie, Rae Burrell, Jazmine Massengill, Jaiden McCoy, Lou Brown and Emily Saunders.

You may be right about this line up !?!? However , I believe this group are going to have earn their starting spots over the first ten or twelve games . Maybe before the SEC schedule starts ?

I think there will be multiple lineups and many changes of who plays with who ..... This will give the coaches a chance to see who plays well with each other ... As the saying goes ... “The Cream Will Rise To The Top “. This is going to be an interesting season ! I just hope they play BB like it is supposed to be played and not look like the last few years . Play together ( It’s a team game ) And act like you know fundamentals! If they can do this ? I will be excited to watch and I can quit screaming 😱 at my TV ! 🙏

You may be right about this line up !?!? However , I believe this group are going to have earn their starting spots over the first ten or twelve games . Maybe before the SEC schedule starts ?

I think there will be multiple lineups and many changes of who plays with who ..... This will give the coaches a chance to see who plays well with each other ... As the saying goes ... “The Cream Will Rise To The Top “. This is going to be an interesting season ! I just hope they play BB like it is supposed to be played and not look like the last few years . Play together ( It’s a team game ) And act like you know fundamentals! If they can do this ? I will be excited to watch and I can quit screaming 😱 at my TV ! 🙏

No question about this line up. Someone place Jordan on bench, I don kn wat that person is thinking.

No question about this line up. Someone place Jordan on bench, I don kn wat that person is thinking.

I agree with probability of the starters. If you just ranked our players by their rankings out of high school ..... We have three top ten guards/wings coming out of high school ! Davis , Zaay Green , and Jordan Horston were top ten ranked players. Our bigs by their rankings.... KK , Key , Saunders , then the others.... These players should be our best players (just saying). However, you cannot win in today’s game with just five players! Our role players will play a big part in how far we go ?
Rae, Jaz, Rennie, McCoy , Brown , etc. JMO

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I wouldn't be surprised to see Massengill start at PG over Jordan the first few games. Massengill has college experience. Jordan doesn't. I do expect Jordan to average 20-25 mpg though.

No way does Key or Saunders start over KK to start the season.

Davis and Green are the only two you can put as firm starters at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Massengill start at PG over Jordan the first few games. Massengill has college experience. Jordan doesn't. I do expect Jordan to average 20-25 mpg though.

Agree with experience. I would not be surprised with our graduate transfer starting early on .... Just because of her experience of playing for a few years !

I would go with a starting five based on the opponent and how we matched up. If they are playing four guard offense then we should counter with four guards to defend. I think the basic five in general will be Davis, Green, Horston, Brown, and KK. We could change Brown out for Massengale if they are a small lineup with four guards. I can see about two players getting max minutes and another six getting equal minutes with a couple more playing huge roles.

I'd be fine with that too.
Massengill has a ton of game, she just needs a coach to harness it and guide it.
Not be a cheerleader or bestie...A Coach!

Reactions: pimo1
Horston or Massengale
Green
Davis
Key
KK

As long as Davis is playing the 3 I am good with most line ups listed. In my opinion Davis NEEDS to be at the 3 for TN to be at their best.
In my lineup she’s a 4 but you’re absolutely right.

Barring injuries or some other complication, I think Zaay and Rennia are the only reasonably sure bets to be starters over the course of the season. I think there will be fluidity in the line-up until the SEC starts.

I would not count Rae out as a heavy minute player. In the end, who starts matters less than the players who get the bulk of the minutes (i.e., the main 7-8 player rotation).

Barring injuries or some other complication, I think Zaay and Rennia are the only reasonably sure bets to be starters over the course of the season. I think there will be fluidity in the line-up until the SEC starts.

I would not count Rae out as a heavy minute player. In the end, who starts matters less than the players who get the bulk of the minutes (i.e., the main 7-8 player rotation).

Agree almost in full, except with only Rennia being penciled in, and possibly Kasi. But, even they might have to sit, having less to do with talents/scoring, but more to be certain that they're taking expected leadership/mentorship responsibilities to heart.
Rae is tired of sitting, and will likely average double figures in scoring, with the occasional double-double.
Lastly, I cannot see Coach Kellie using a 7-8 player rotation. because I cannot see who will be the three or even four who might be eliminated. At least, not before Late-March.

Last edited:
Agree almost in full, except with only Rennia being penciled in, and possibly Kasi. But, even they might have to sit, having less to do with talents/scoring, but more to be certain that they're taking expected leadership/mentorship responsibilities to heart.
Rae is tired of sitting, and will likely average double-double.
Lastly, I cannot see Coach Kellie using a 7-8 player rotation. because I cannot see who the three or even four who might be eliminated. At least, not before Late-March.

CKHJ herself has said she plays 9-10 deep usually and I went back and looked at her boxscores from tourney games and she against DePaul (they won 89-79) 10 players played (8 in double digit minutes the other two got 5 and 7 min)... against Iowa St (69-60 win) 10 players played one with 5 min the others with 12 and above min... and against Stanford (49-55 loss) 10 players played and all had double digit minutes. So she looks like she isn’t afraid to play multiple people double digit minutes however the better players all got 30-34 min per game in those three.

CKHJ herself has said she plays 9-10 deep usually and I went back and looked at her boxscores from tourney games and she against DePaul (they won 89-79) 10 players played (8 in double digit minutes the other two got 5 and 7 min)... against Iowa St (69-60 win) 10 players played one with 5 min the others with 12 and above min... and against Stanford (49-55 loss) 10 players played and all had double digit minutes. So she looks like she isn’t afraid to play multiple people double digit minutes however the better players all got 30-34 min per game in those three.

She hasn't had the caliber of players she will have. She will continue to go deep. but I'm guessing there are 2 possibly 3 players Davis being a sure thing who will be on the court more than others especially in tight games.

VN Store

Back