My new toy!

Here's the ones from CL they had posted

Sharp looking car!:)

That engine takes me back. I remember building a model version of that thing.

Obsessed, how easy is lowering a Mustang? I love the look of a car with just the right amount of wheel well gap removed. Still daily drivable, but minimal gap.

993.jpg

Congrats on the purchase!

Last edited:
Sharp looking car!:)

That engine takes me back. I remember building a model version of that thing.

Obsessed, how easy is lowering a Mustang? That thing would be perfect with some of the wheel well gap cut down.

993.jpg

Congrats on the purchase!

Drop springs in the rear only. Leave the front alone. Go one size bigger in tire. Car will loose some out of the hole. ( if bigger tires). But gain on the top end some.

Per the pics- lots of room to grow.

Love the car Yankee.

Drop springs in the rear only. Leave the front alone. Go one size bigger in tire. Car will loose some out of the hole. ( if bigger tires). But gain on the top end some.

Per the pics- lots of room to grow.

Love the car Yankee.

Why no drop on the front?

Car will lose its "ride"

I wouldn't do more than an inch. But that's just me. ( please understand- my opinion is based on more than mall crawling-) I like to be able to run.

So the geometry gets messed up when you lower the fronts? Believe me, I like a lot of function, it needs to perform on the dragon.

So the geometry gets messed up when you lower the fronts? Believe me, I like a lot of function, it needs to perform on the dragon.

The higher dollar kits don't so much but the "feel" and some of the performance is lost.

I'd want everything perfect for the dragon. One mistake and things can get real ugly in a hurry

The higher dollar kits don't so much but the "feel" and some of the performance is lost.

I'd want everything perfect for the dragon. One mistake and things can get real ugly in a hurry

That's strange, every car has its quirks though.

Don't get me wrong, they make some high end kits that make handling better. But I get the feeling that's not in Yankees budget.

Or my desire.

Other than an intake and exhaust I don't see doing much else for now. Maybe the sequential tail light kit.

Don't get me wrong, they make some high end kits that make handling better. But I get the feeling that's not in Yankees budget.

McPhersons on the front?

I suppose that's where sport compacts have spoiled me. A set of performance springs run for about $300, and it improves the handling. Throw in a set of shocks and sway bars and you've got the car on rails for under a grand.

McPhersons on the front?

I suppose that's where sport compacts have spoiled me. A set of performance springs run for about $300, and it improves the handling. Throw in a set of shocks and sway bars and you've got the car on rails for under a grand.

300$ is a steal. You can't lower a stang that cheap and do it right.

Or my desire.

Other than an intake and exhaust I don't see doing much else for now. Maybe the sequential tail light kit.

You can go full independent in the rear for damn near free. Find a guy with an 03-04 termi and swap rear ends out. The street and drag racers want the solid rear end set ups.

You can go full independent in the rear for damn near free. Find a guy with an 03-04 termi and swap rear ends out. The street and drag racers want the solid rear end set ups.

Do the non terminators and gt's have a posi rear?

Once I get back to the lower 48 I'll look into doing more mods. Everything is so expensive to ship to AK.

Do the non terminators and gt's have a posi rear?

Yes they are posi. Solid rear ends hold up better to high boost applications. The termi's are no joke. A few mods and they hold their own against the gt500's

VN Store

Back