My Apology to Lady Vol fans

GarnetGhost

I wish to express my apologies to the Lady Vol fans for the recent poll I posted on this board. It was meant to be humorous and not as a put down or negative in any way toward the Lady Vols. I see I failed miserably in my attempt at humor. I joined this board in June 2016 to express my condolences when Pat Summitt passed. A lady I had admired for many years. I post very little and apparently at least one time too many. Accept my apology or not. Your choice. Believe I intended ill will or not. Again your choice. I can only control myself and felt an apology was in order. So again to anyone I offended in any way I say I'm sorry. Best of luck to the Lady Vols in the seasons ahead.

Join a very lengthy club,, GG

most of us have at one time (or many times) did or said the wrong things, whether for the right or wrong intention....This is a Lady Vol forum foremost and most of the longtime posters here are on the watch for trolls, as we have many who drop in and are here only to cause trouble. And only recently, it seems, that people have come to realize that players, parents, recruits, fans, and ex-staff and even current staff have read or have relayed to them what is posted here.

I found out the hard way. I jumped in and became very vocal about firing Holly Warlick, only to have Holly use this as a reason to not let me summer coach Meme Jackson. And even now, though I have consistently and adamantly backed this org, new staff and incoming players,,this reputation of "a coach with ulterior motives" follows me with the current staff.

There is a lot of power within this site. Some would argue with me, and "cest la vive"

Just know that ,, like the game itself,,,this site has a very short memory and if you continue posting, as long as it is not to troll and cause trouble,,,all will be forgotten with the next person who posts something "controversial"...which, will probably be me...
;o)

Last edited:
I wish to express my apologies to the Lady Vol fans for the recent poll I posted on this board. It was meant to be humorous and not as a put down or negative in any way toward the Lady Vols. I see I failed miserably in my attempt at humor. I joined this board in June 2016 to express my condolences when Pat Summitt passed. A lady I had admired for many years. I post very little and apparently at least one time too many. Accept my apology or not. Your choice. Believe I intended ill will or not. Again your choice. I can only control myself and felt an apology was in order. So again to anyone I offended in any way I say I'm sorry. Best of luck to the Lady Vols in the seasons ahead.
GG! Personally I didn’t see why the dust up at all and was surprised at some of the reactions. Very nice of you to acknowledge hitting some evidently raw nerves. I totally took it as an opportunity to say “no, hell no! None of the above!!”
Please don’t stop posting! Also, your head coach has the ability to come up with fodder for opposing fans e.g. ball gate, THE banner which is plenty of fun for us. But she also makes the SEC better. She also is very earnest in acknowledging the role Pat had in making WBB what it is today and I appreciate that:)
Buck up cluck!!

Who cares, its lady Vols not the same as Vols!!

Man, you're fine. We live to give each other crap. I doubt anybody on this board harbors any hard feelings. And in my book, if it doesn't have any negative outcome for my Vols...GoCocks!

Hug it out with the Lady Vol fans, it will make you feel better....

giphy.gif

Reactions: krichunaka
How about also following up on your other post from 2 or more weeks ago. You left some people hanging with your cleaning

I like what you say, but you must understand, there are more people on this site running with their stingers out than those who just enjoy what we attempt to put forth for what ever reason. You can almost always see a unkind response to what you try to say even if it were a loving statement about motherhood. There will always be those who just want to respond in a negative and sometime in a condescending way.

Reactions: mcannon1
Join a very lengthy club,, GG

most of us have at one time (or many times) did or said the wrong things, whether for the right or wrong intention....This is a Lady Vol forum foremost and most of the longtime posters here are on the watch for trolls, as we have many who drop in and are here only to cause trouble. And only recently, it seems, that people have come to realize that players, parents, recruits, fans, and ex-staff and even current staff have read or have relayed to them what is posted here.

I found out the hard way. I jumped in and became very vocal about firing Holly Warlick, only to have Holly use this as a reason to not let me summer coach Meme Jackson. And even now, though I have consistently and adamantly backed this org, new staff and incoming players,,this reputation of "a coach with ulterior motives" follows me with the current staff.

There is a lot of power within this site. Some would argue with me, and "cest la vive"

Just know that ,, like the game itself,,,this site has a very short memory and if you continue posting, as long as it is not to troll and cause trouble,,,all will be forgotten with the next person who posts something "controversial"...which, will probably be me...
;o)
People can be very vindictive when someone states the obvious. You were not the only one calling for Holly to be fired, just with more to lose because of your profession. Anyone that watched the Lady Vols could see the talent was not being developed to the potential that was apparent.

Reactions: mcannon1
Man, you're fine. We live to give each other crap. I doubt anybody on this board harbors any hard feelings. And in my book, if it doesn't have any negative outcome for my Vols...GoCocks!

This! GG posted a joke pole and anonymous posters responded with basically saying "dude that's dumb!" The world did not tilt on its axis; no one was "cancelled"; the cycle of life continued; no geopolitical conflicts arose.

There really is no "power" on this site unless people take it way too seriously and then it becomes a personal hang-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98
This! GG posted a joke pole and anonymous posters responded with basically saying "dude that's dumb!" The world did not tilt on its axis; no one was "cancelled"; the cycle of life continued; no geopolitical conflicts arose.

There really is no "power" on this site unless people take it way too seriously and then it becomes a personal hang-up.
FoolishCommonAfricangroundhornbill-small.gif

This to your this. A million times. No matter how desperately some posters want it not to be the case, we're just folks talking. It's all in fun. Not consequential, not to be taken too seriously.

Reactions: madtownvol and Lucy

VN Store

Back