My All Campaign timing

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
It seems that Danny White picked a great week to announce and publicize the "My All" Campaign for sports.

Focused on the Future, White Launches "My All" Campaign - University of Tennessee Athletics

The baseball stuff appears to be rather non-specific ". . .White and his team are currently studying options on the best path forward for Tennessee's baseball facilities as well as the development of an indoor track & field facility. "

We all know that Neyland is the centerpiece and it needs work....I'm sick of all the work being on the top donor's west side and suites; but who am I to judge.

Indoor track has been a priority for decades and is still not done; but I would put baseball just as high. It is the only sport that may be on the cusp of being a profitable venture and the department needs the money as the women's basketball team is no longer close to breaking even.

We once had a very proud and successful Track program.

Track has killed itself by making it less of an inter collegiate sport with little to no dual meets. It's hard to justify a track team at many colleges with so few actual competitions. Their sport requires a great deal of acreage and double that when considering a need for indoor facilities.

Maybe a new track facility (indoor and out) needs to be moved to where soccer and softball are located and move both of those sports to where track is now. I see the school adding men's soccer and women's and maybe men's lacrosse later. That would make a new soccer facilty.

An indoor facility on the "Lake District" site would obscure the view of the railyard for the outdoor track

Just a thought or two.

Track has killed itself by making it less of an inter collegiate sport with little to no dual meets. It's hard to justify a track team at many colleges with so few actual competitions. Their sport requires a great deal of acreage and double that when considering a need for indoor facilities.

Maybe a new track facility (indoor and out) needs to be moved to where soccer and softball are located and move both of those sports to where track is now. I see the school adding men's soccer and women's and maybe men's lacrosse later. That would make a new soccer facilty.

An indoor facility on the "Lake District" site would obscure the view of the railyard for the outdoor track

Just a thought or two.

When I was a kid I didn’t know what a soccer ball was...lacrosse is the new soccer...it’s gonna be here...eventually.

VN Store

Back