My 2 cents on a Great Season...

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
good afternoon volnation! long time, no talk to on me of course.........

anyway, couldn't help but make a post after this tourney run...

1. i thought Bruce Pearl did his best coaching job of his tenure this year. he adjusted his philosophy to his personnel and all it did is get him and this team to the Elite 8. i thought he did a great job with his rotation and developing the guys behind the starters. my hats' off to Coach Pearl:hi:
2. Sad to see Chism go. truly one of my favorite basketvols of all time. thanks to him for his contributions to this team. he was money in this tourney, and really all season long.

3. kudos to bobby maze. i didn't think too much of him when he got here, but he was as good a point guard as we've had in a while, for this season.

4. JP Prince...was always a love/hate thing with him....one play love him, next play hate him. but there's really no question we don't get where we got this year w/out JP. that block on Turner will be a play i won't forget for a while, and one of the more athletic guys on offense and great defender. dare i say he will be missed next year....

5. kudos also to big orange nation for showing up en masse in St Louis.

6. about the game w/msu....i thought for the first time all season really, they played like a team that belonged on the court with the likes of MSU, Duke, WVU etc...they really played at a high level, they made big plays, they didn't kill themselves, they didn't look like a team overwhelmed by the moment...they looked like a team worthy of a bid to the final four.

7. 1 point from the final four. i never thought i'd see this men's program even in the conversation for the final four, much less a realistic chance at getting there. thanks to bruce, the stafff and the team for making Tennessee Basketball relevant again. it sure is fun!!! and i can now honestly say i give a damn about basketball. that in and of itself should speak volumes.

Go Vols! Congrats on a great season!

Agree on all points but particularly number 6.

Really glad to see you around. Wish is weren't such a rare occasion.

man, just busy all the time. i seriously don't have time anymore....and when i do, i sleep.

6. about the game w/msu....i thought for the first time all season really, they played like a team that belonged on the court with the likes of MSU, Duke, WVU etc...they really played at a high level, they made big plays, they didn't kill themselves, they didn't look like a team overwhelmed by the moment...they looked like a team worthy of a bid to the final four.

7. 1 point from the final four. i never thought i'd see this men's program even in the conversation for the final four, much less a realistic chance at getting there. thanks to bruce, the stafff and the team for making Tennessee Basketball relevant again. it sure is fun!!! and i can now honestly say i give a damn about basketball. that in and of itself should speak volumes.

Yes, and Yes.

It's very encouraging to see that Bruce can go toe-to-toe in the tournament with the likes of Thad Matta and Tom Izzo with either inferior or similar talent.

I loved it this year....couldn't be more proud of them!!!!!

Bring Tobias in and set next year up...wish we had Chism and Prince back, but mostly Wayne! I loved his seniority!
:dance2:
:dance:

Great post...Number 6 was dead on.....with our recruiting class lets hope we can get back and get even further

Good stuff. I'm still a little depressed though. I will miss those three seniors. JP went from an ok player to a pro prospect this past month. He's a great defender and is very creative on the offensive side.

another way to look at this, which probably sums up what i felt like, is....they didn't look like they were playing over their heads, like they have at times in the past against big time opponents. conversely, the big time opponent didn't make a bunch of mistakes to keep us in it. it was an evenly played game, at a high level on both sides.

last thing....i was impressed with our defensive effort the past two games particularly. tenacious, relentless, and made the other team work for everything they got. that really impressed me.

Nice to see you posting Jake. Great thread and I agree with all your points. Disappointing loss but great effort and season.

Nice to see you posting Jake. Great thread and I agree with all your points. Disappointing loss but great effort and season.
thanks...but don't get used to it. i really wish i had more time like in the past....kind of miss it to tell you the truth. but this new job really has me going non stop 5-6 days a week. hell, i don't even get to watch sportscenter anymore!

stupid economy messed with my lifestyle!:banghead2:

VN Store

Back