Must win game

Must win game of the season

• Total voters
Definitely looked like Pruitt and company completely overlooked Georgia State. The thing that pissed me off the most about that game was that it wasn't a fluke win for GA ST. GA ST just totally outplayed us. There was no excuse for it, the coaches didn't have our guys ready. Pruitt had that Bama arrogance without the goods to back it up.
. We should’ve canned him after that

What is your must win game of the season for Heupel’s first season? The Pitt game to me is the first must win it’s at home and a win would give us a 3-0 start before the Florida game along with getting a good start on getting bowl eligible.
We must win SEC games above all other games. That is what gets us to the SEC championship!

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
No such thing. We lost to Ga St and BYU to start 2019 0-2...and we still went 8-5.

Meanwhile we started 2-0 last year and finished 3-7.

What does considering Pitt a must-win even mean? They're out of conference and a decent team. Vegas has it 50/50. If we lose...so what? If we win...so what?

It's a meaningless concept, unless a coach would literally be fired for losing the game and that doesn't apply to this season whatsoever.

If we don’t beat Pitt… not beating any of the rest of those
Lol why? History says otherwise...see 2019.

Are losses correlated to a higher chance of losing more future games? Sure, to a slight degree. But this black and white thinking just isn't reality.

Fwiw USCe is basically being pegged lower than Pitt rn (by Vegas). They could potentially end up the best or 2nd best team on that list (not that any of them stand out).

Definitely looked like Pruitt and company completely overlooked Georgia State. The thing that pissed me off the most about that game was that it wasn't a fluke win for GA ST. GA ST just totally outplayed us. There was no excuse for it, the coaches didn't have our guys ready. Pruitt had that Bama arrogance without the goods to back it up.
You are right, we got that window dressing touchdown at the end to make it look more respectable than it really was. I swear it looked like we hadn't even scouted them at all, just thought we'd roll our helmets out there and beat them. I'll never forget like well into the second half, when it was readily apparent that we were fighting for our lives Pruitt's dumb@$$ was rotating offensive lineman like we were up by 5 touchdowns.

The good thing is that first game has been moved up a few days so we have 9 days to prep for Pitt, so we should have at least a Fri-Wed to prep for Bowling Green, I'm guessing we emphasize any overlap with Pitt scheme.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I am already on the record that I would support Heupel this first season if he went 0fer. That is if he puts a solid fundamental playing team on the field that does not beat itself, but gets beat by better performing teams. I do not think that will happen if he puts a good fundamentally sound product on the field however. I'm all in for season two of the Heupel regime no matter what.

Reactions: Longshank
It good the fans still have standards for the football team.... The people running the show not so much. The internal sabotage can't be overlooked at this point.

Georgia State was supposed to be in the bag.
200w.gif

:)

There is no must win. We are extremely thin on experience and depth. Further complicated by new coaches and new schemes in year 1 on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we will win a couple of those games, especially S Carolina and Kentucky. But it's not the end of the world if we don't.

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back