Music City Bowl wants Vols (merged)

So and 8 wins matter more then respect? Why not challenge the team and see where your really at??? Id rather lose a tough game to a top 25 team then beat a UAB type again...we as VOLS should be better then that

Given how this season started, I want to get out of this season at 8-5 faster than anyone. Because at the end of the day, Tennessee would end season on 6 game win streak and would have some momentum going into recruiting signing day and next season.

So and 8 wins matter more then respect? Why not challenge the team and see where your really at??? Id rather lose a tough game to a top 25 team then beat a UAB type again...we as VOLS should be better then that
Should be better than GA State and BYU as well...

Reactions: Behr and TNfan#2
No... that would be true if ALL of the B bowls had the same payout....but they don't MCB has a $2mm better payout than Gator... they all have diff payouts...

here is a quick link... significant differences..

Ranking 2019 Bowls by Payout
so if I’m reading that right mcb will give the vols 200k more. That’s not significant. It says the school will retain 1.5m of the revenue in section c vs retaining 1.3m in section b and the rest of the payout will be divided out in the sec.

so if I’m reading that right mcb will give the vols 200k more. That’s not significant. It says the school will retain 1.5m of the revenue in section c vs retaining 1.3m in section b and the rest of the payout will be divided out in the sec.
$300K more

Even if it was $200K, you got that to spare? If not, I'd say that's pretty "significant"

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
These are the same idiots who marvel over Boise St or Memphis record even though they play no one but bitch about UT when we lose to 5 top 15 teams in a season

There is a reason those teams can go 12-1 or 13-0 and will never gain respect. It’s about the quality of schedule and who you play

Louisville isn’t Michigan or Penn St. and never will be

This is stupid and you should be ashamed.

Should be better than GA State and BYU as well...
*then lol

I bet these are the same idiots that cry about having to play Alabama every year.

When they start saying they had rather lose to a good team *then win against a bad team, we should tell them to go back and watch our season.

Get out of this season on a wining streak and an 8-5 record, *than get prepared for Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama and Georgia next year..

*then lol

I bet these are the same idiots that cry about having to play Alabama every year.

When they start saying they had rather lose to a good team *then win against a bad team, we should tell them to go back and watch our season.

Get out of this season on a wining streak and an 8-5 record, *than get prepared for Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama and Georgia next year..
I'm quoting so many posts right now as long as I don't see the red line I'm sending it lol

Reactions: Behr
$300K more

Even if it was $200K, you got that to spare? If not, I'd say that's pretty "significant"
Will stand to keep a little more money in the pocket because of paying less in travel expenses as well. I am not saying that is a bad thing with underlying sarcasm either just saying.

I just don't know about it. They really really pissed me off in 2016 by not even acknowledging Barnett breaking Reggie Whites record.

Problem with Louisville is you get no credit for beating them and you could lose of course. I was hoping to be underdogs against a top 25 team.

Exactly. That matchup would not move the needle on bowl game nationally for anyone and people probably wouldn't watch. I think our own fanbase would not be motivated.

Kentucky wasn't just a bad matchup because of Bowden, heck Louisville had problems moving the ball. The ACC is the worst of the Power 5 conferences this year.

tenor.gif
thats avi is @Souce

Reactions: Souce and Jravol78
Says the guy who is afraid for UT to play an actual ranked team
I'm not afraid, big scary man. I just think this year we need to end with a win. Its been a rough two years and very inconsistent. I just want a win. You'll have plenty of being all big and badass on the internet next year against OK, FL, AL and GA. I look forward to them. Especially going into the year with a win streak and an 8-5 record.

Lol, "we're too good to play a 7-5 team from a P5 conference." And before you start in who did they beat, tell me who we beat?

Reactions: feathersax
I was hoping for a Florida bowl for the players. Ill settle for Vandy having to hear the ads run locally for the next couple weeks tho. 🤔Never know maybe the three of them will even come to cheer on Louisville. 😏

well I just logged onto my banking app...... and that $200k you mentioned...looks pretty dang significant to these old blue eyes.... :)

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back