Music at Vanderbilt last night

That damn fog horn will rattle you teeth it is so loud.
I actually like the foghorn. Wish we could steal it. We used to shoot off a canon. I guess that's not politically correct anymore. But a foghorn - you know, the Vol Navy and all.

I thought this was a whole load of crap they couldn’t beat us so they played crap music that every time the crowd came alive to try to drown us out they suck I enjoyed the game but this way to keep the crowd out of it was so juvenile GO VOLS

Am I the only one who found the music played over the speakers at Vanderbilt incredibly obnoxious last night. It was so loud that it covered up both bands and was played almost constantly. One Vanderbilt fan who was sitting near me said that last night it was much louder and played with more frequency than normal. He assumed it was done to drown out the Tennessee fans and band.
its only going to incense us.

keep sucking, we'll keep winning and buying your pos stadium out. maybe they can afford a press box, or, more seats for us to, sell out and sing rocky top LOUDER.

It was awful. My 8 year old son could barely stand it. It was entirely too loud. Man their stadium is just trash all the way around. By far the worst stadium in the SEC. MTSU might be better.

Vandy should focus on improving their program to the point that people would want to attend their games to cheer for Vandy rather than lets jack up ticket prices and gouge the other team's fan base. Any time Vandy plays Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, or LSU they have a minority of fans in their own stadium. Years ago, I went to see MTSU/Vandy two years in a row where it was probably 50/50. It has to be disheartening to those kids when they run onto the field for their senior night and get booed.

Like it or not, it’s a business trying to generate revenue. I’d jack up the ticket prices for those games, too.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Am I the only one who found the music played over the speakers at Vanderbilt incredibly obnoxious last night. It was so loud that it covered up both bands and was played almost constantly. One Vanderbilt fan who was sitting near me said that last night it was much louder and played with more frequency than normal. He assumed it was done to drown out the Tennessee fans and band.
Why does it matter? It's their problem not ours and we're at a football game not a concert.

Vandy should focus on improving their program to the point that people would want to attend their games to cheer for Vandy rather than lets jack up ticket prices and gouge the other team's fan base. Any time Vandy plays Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, or LSU they have a minority of fans in their own stadium. Years ago, I went to see MTSU/Vandy two years in a row where it was probably 50/50. It has to be disheartening to those kids when they run onto the field for their senior night and get booed.
I heard Vandy season tickets cost less than single game last night.... That's wild...🤣

Their system they were using for their stadium announcer sounded like high school quality on tv.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volunteer Bee
It was awful. And the guy going around doing the promos to rev up the 500 or so Vandy fans present was sad. But yes, I think it was intended to drown out Vol fan noise and our band. Didn’t matter in the outcome.

The sound for him was so loud it was hard to understand him. But the fact that they did so many promos, felt like a high school event.

The Vandy game environment reminds me of a minor league baseball game. I thought for sure some yahoo would start running around the field in a furry suit or something. The weird burrito
cornhole games and giving out gift cards, I have never seen that before. Seemed like the music was paired for the vandy dance team and our players liked that. Another thing was we had the small band but I never saw our cheerleaders, felt robbed. That damn fog horn will rattle you teeth it is so loud.

That place is an embarrassment to the league as far as a presentation of the best CFB conference in the country. Seriously, Sankey should speak to someone there about upgrading from the rinky dink game environment. Problem is, no one really cares about Vandy football.

Reactions: volintheham
The sound for him was so loud it was hard to understand him. But the fact that they did so many promos, felt like a high school event.
I mentioned to my girlfriend what some of the other posters have mentioned. It was like about a AA minor league baseball game. It was just pathetically sad. I felt embarrassed for all of them. The music was just too loud, but they were desperately trying to drown out UT fans and band.

Reactions: volwindy
I told my dad it’s never easy in that stadium. Whether it’s a tough game or it’s a laugher last like night, the weather is always miserable (frigid cold or pouring rain or both). The trash music made it even worse.
It is always rainy and yucky for the Vanderbilt game or crazy cold or both

VN Store

Back