Muschamp as DC?

Nah. CBJ will stick by Jancek and will not make any moves.
Probably right, but he'll live to regret it. Another defense like this years and he'll have to make a move. Sometimes, it's better to strike while the iron is hot.

As for Mushcamp taking another HC'ing job...I don't know about that. If you can't cut the mustard at a program like Florida, then you certainly aren't going to anywhere else.
They usually end up going back to a coordinator level job. Cutcliffe did.

As for him being too proud to accept a coordinator job for a coach he beat...doesn't matter once you've been humiliated as a HC. Ask Randy Shannon about that. I think he held out for another HC job, that never materialized...and ended up taking a LB coaching position at TCU (now at Arkansas). Shannon had as more success as a DC at Miami as Muschamp had at Texas.

Msuchamp would want to be a DC at an SEC program...and just because we aren't currently a top 10 team, it doesn't mean we are a lower tier program. EVERY single major program has had it's own share of peaks and valleys this past decade or so. Every single one. The big programs...of which Tennessee is one...usually climb back to the top sooner or later.

oh my

With all the Muschamp and "look at two florida players blocking each other" threads, I'd swear this was a Florida forum. Muschump has done well with 4 and 5 star players as a DC, he'd probably look like every other DC weve had the past fews years with the misfits were playing with.

Screw muschump and screw Florida. jmo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Well seems like Muschamp will be in market soon for a job and could definitely use a new DC ..do we go after him ?

Bajakian I have mixed feelings ..I loved his style and imagination while at Cincy ..but last few games he looked flat as hell ..once down he seems to go into his shell..

Who is a good OC in Market ??

I think Florida upsets FSU and saves Muschamp's job.

...as our new DC. Auburn hired Ellis Johnson after he was fired as HC of Southern Miss. That's a move CBJ should have made. A PROVEN SEC caliber DC.

Butch should know better than anyone how dominating that Florida defense was, when we played them. They were better than even Bamer's, IMHO. They've been decimated by injuries since they played us and that's why their season has taken a nose dive.

He might very well be a stinker of a HC, but we'd be hard pressed to find a better DC. Plus he now has recruiting relationships deep into Florida and Texas. Two honey holes for football talent.

Even if Coach Jones thinks Janzek might work out...better to go with a known quantity than an unknown.

We can hire Muschamp as DC. But until we get talent and backups in here it makes no difference.

Texas D went downhill before musCHUMP left there and Texas had much better talent and speed than we had.

musCHUMP had his chance to come to Tennessee and turned us down flat so screw him and his insanity and ego!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Texas D went downhill before musCHUMP left there and Texas had much better talent and speed than we had.

musCHUMP had his chance to come to Tennessee and turned us down flat so screw him and his insanity and ego!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!
I don't know about that. Texas has looked as bad without Muschamp as Fulmer did without Cutcliffe...and even though UF had a lot of ALL-SEC players on that DL, it was well-coached whenever we played them. Smothering, disruptive and dominant. We are recruiting well on both sides of the ball. Would rather hand the defense to him, than to Janzek. That, or make Stanford's DC an offer he can't refuse. We have as much talent on D as they do, if not more so (just look at the recruiting rankings the past 4-5yrs). And yet they are so well coached, it offsets the talent level considerably.

We can hire Muschamp as DC. But until we get talent and backups in here it makes no difference.
Why do you reckon we have the No.2 class in the country for? To do just that. If AJ returns, plus getting Maggit back 100%, this LB corps could be downright nasty (Weatherd will probably step right in as the other OLB). We will be loaded at the DE spot and some JUCO DT's to help on the interior. There is a LOT of help on it's way for the secondary, too. So, whoever the DC is, they'll have a talented roster to work with.

...as our new DC. Auburn hired Ellis Johnson after he was fired as HC of Southern Miss. That's a move CBJ should have made. A PROVEN SEC caliber DC.

Butch should know better than anyone how dominating that Florida defense was, when we played them. They were better than even Bamer's, IMHO. They've been decimated by injuries since they played us and that's why their season has taken a nose dive.

He might very well be a stinker of a HC, but we'd be hard pressed to find a better DC. Plus he now has recruiting relationships deep into Florida and Texas. Two honey holes for football talent.

Even if Coach Jones thinks Janzek might work out...better to go with a known quantity than an unknown.

We have a DC mr. unteachable. We need better players.

I think Tennessee tried to go the non conservative route once before and it backfired. Thanks a lot Kiffin!

I'm not saying I disagree that we should hire him, but I don't think Hart and his money men would take the chance. Especially after one season with our current staff.

We have a DC mr. unteachable. We need better players.
Hhhmmmm. Better players? Didn't stop Vandy from beating us. They've been out-recruited by us since the dawn of time....WKU and South Alabama made this defense look bad. What's your excuse now, genius?

Mr. Unteachable? :rolleyes: That's rich.

Hhhmmmm. Better players? Didn't stop Vandy from beating us. They've been out-recruited by us since the dawn of time....WKU and South Alabama made this defense look bad. What's your excuse now, genius?

Mr. Unteachable? :rolleyes: That's rich.

WKU? You really think they came away from that game believing they made our D look bad?

Tell me about it Champy

I was holding out hope the last three years and tried to deny facts

Didn't work

i know bro, we always don't agree, but damn i'm so sick and tired of losing. a program like ours should never sink to this level. to me anybody that thinks the coordinators are great on this team is just so positive they are blind. to me i think jones can fix this if he wants to, it's just a matter if he will.

VN Store

Back