Mullen Out

Not if everything you do is cringe worthy.

Well, we are not all blessed to be fans of a team who plays by all the rules and recruits on pure rainbows, unicorns, and gee-whiz awesomeness of the program.

Still rotflmao at your post a few months back about that. Priceless.

Seems I recall some posters wanting him as our HC.
Yep, me I believe. I think we offered before they moved in. Seemed a good fit at Florida. Shows you can never tell. It’s a crapshoot. Heck Mich. St. is on hook for $9million a year. After yesterday that deal looks a little sketchy.

Seems I recall some posters wanting him as our HC.
And, we almost got him. I think the way it went down - Chip Kelly was headed to Florida and Mullen being courted by Currie at UT. When Kelly baled out, Florida pounced on Mullen and we pounced on Pruitt. The Schiano thing was a part of this drama as well. Currie got fired and you know the rest. Actually, in hindsight, Florida once again made a better choice. At least our scab got ripped off quicker and we have the first season with our new skipper at the helm almost under out belt.

If Kelly had gone to UF, Mullin could easily have been at UT.

True but we got players on this year's team that tuned out/quit on Pruitt last year....

Sometimes the culture is so toxic where you don't work as hard for certain coaches, (or bosses in real world applications)
Was the culture toxic last year? Is the culture toxic because they’re a bunch of quitters?

Him and his boss (even back to MSU days) have never been real friendly. You combine that with public salary negotiations, desperately flirting WITH NFL jobs, NCAA issues, awkward media moments,, and having opinions that differed from extremely liberal school leadership left a bad taste in people's mouth down there.

He was fine until the team quit on him after the UK game. They needed a reason to fire him and that was it. It wasn't the lack of recruiting.

UF’s leadership is anything but liberal.

Oh, no doubt. He likely would have schemed some stuff up early on that might have helped us overachieve, but ultimately he would not have recruited. If he wasn't/couldn't recruit at UF, he sure as hell wasn't going to recruit anyone here.

Mullen should go to the NFL, but based on his performance/behavior at UF he might not be able to get the respect of pros.

Actually, depending on whether or not Kellen Mond takes a college HC gig I could see Mullen taking his spot with the Cowboys.

Has a previous relationship with Dak, wants to end up in the NFL anyway, and Jerry Jones might be just crazy enough to try it.

Reactions: 05_never_again
While I am not unhappy with Heupel, I do find it amusing that Freeze and Kiffin, both of whom would likely have taken the Tennessee job, who were so toxic and repugnant to the pearl clutchers among the big $$ Tennessee boosters, are in line to continue the long streak of beating Tennessee as the HC of the Gators. Apparently the Gators have fewer pearl clutchers among their $$ boosters.
This is so stupid. Florida's head coaching job was last open, at the same time that Tennessee's was ... and they didn't pursue either one of those guys in November of 2017 either.

Let’s hope the script plays out exactly the same.
as much as I want to agree with you, eh. Last time its because the AD was forced to pull the trigger cause he had the hottest name in coaching making the call. I wouldnt be surprised if UF already had the ink dry on the next HC contract

This is so stupid. Florida's head coaching job was last open, at the same time that Tennessee's was ... and they didn't pursue either one of those guys in November of 2017 either.

They are potential candidates for this opening. In line, was the phrase I used. Try reading more closely and holding off on the ad hominems, 'kay??

Those guys also hadn't repaired their images as much as they have now, especially Kiffin. However I don't think UF pursues either one of them. The legend of Hugh Freeze is overrated, IMO, and the thing with Kiffin is that you can't be sure he won't bolt after a couple of years.

as much as I want to agree with you, eh. Last time its because the AD was forced to pull the trigger cause he had the hottest name in coaching making the call. I wouldnt be surprised if UF already had the ink dry on the next HC contract
I don’t think their AD is as incompetent as Hammie and Bama Dave. Let’s just not talk about the third guy.

We’ve finally got a solid AD I think and if Hype doesn’t work out (And I’m really hoping he does and he’s happy at UT and wants to stay) I’m not as worried at the next hire. Hell I don’t see how we could do worse than we have the last decade honestly

I don’t think their AD is as incompetent as Hammie and Bama Dave. Let’s just not talk about the third guy.

We’ve finally got a solid AD I think and if Hype doesn’t work out (And I’m really hoping he does and he’s happy at UT and wants to stay) I’m not as worried as the next hire. Hell I don’t see how we could do worse than we have the last decade honestly
I don't think Heup goes anywhere as long as Danny is here (provided he doesn't fall off the face of the Earth and DW has to fire him).

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Those guys also hadn't repaired their images as much as they have now, especially Kiffin. However I don't think UF pursues either one of them. The legend of Hugh Freeze is overrated, IMO, and the thing with Kiffin is that you can't be sure he won't bolt after a couple of years.
The point is, the post I replied to, was critical of Tennessee for not pursuing those two coaches in November of 2017. It suggested that the reason they weren't hired was because Tennessee had "pearl clutchers among their $ boosters".

But Florida pursued the same coach that we did (and hired him). Why would that criticism apply to Tennessee, but not to them in 2017?

VN Store

Back