Mullen fired at Florida

Heupel to UF. Kiffin comes home

As I said above, I am happy with what Heupel has done, but that is a trade that I could live with. As on-field coaches, they are close. As recruiters, I don't think it's close. I hope I am proven wrong.

As I said above, I am happy with what Heupel has done, but that is a trade that I could live with. As on-field coaches, they are close. As recruiters, I don't think it's close. I hope I am proven wrong.
Meanwhile Kirby just landed another 5 star CB

Looks like they are following the UT plan of fire a coach every 3 to 4 years until they find another Saban.
With one HUGE difference. UF won't allow their own ego's to sabotage their search process. They will not automatically pass on Hugh, Lane and possibly others due to personal insecurities. They will hit a grand slam, just watch and see.

With one HUGE difference. UF won't allow their own ego's to sabotage their search process. They will not automatically pass on Hugh, Lane and possibly others due to personal insecurities. They will hit a grand slam, just watch and see.
Yeah Hugh Freeze isn't going to stay out of the SEC very much longer. He would be a great fit for them.

Florida isn't buying out Heupel's contract at $8 million, and then paying him $6+ million a year after a single year in the SEC with a .500 conference record.

Some folks want Kiffin so badly they’ll say a anything……regardless of how ridiculous it sounds (and they literally think it’s a possibility).

They’ve stayed with the same girl for like 8 years even though she’s slept with all his friends and has broken up with him 14 times.

Florida’s ego begins the search process. They’ve fired 3 consecutive coaches that got them to the SEC title game. Butch got himself canned for losing every SEC game, Pruitt for paying recruits from McDonald’s bags, and Dooley because he didn’t have any winning seasons. Mullen ends his time 34-15 at Florida after a successful 9 year run at Mississippi State. As bad as they looked these past few games it’s entirely possible this is an aberration that wouldn’t hold up over time. Unfortunately for us it also seems that Florida is going to end up good most years no matter who is coach.

Reactions: stillavol
I don’t know about that. I mean Kiffin has always left for an upgrade. UF would be an upgrade over OM. Don’t see how you could trash Kiffin for taking a better job.

No AD would have to fear hiring Mr. Loyalty as long as they have a 50 million dollar buyout clause on his end. Has he ever completed a contract as a HC? He may well be a genius, but if he is he is for sure an evil genius. If I was a school I would fear he would have a few skill guys thrilled he was coming in and large groups headed for the portal. Especially those with 3 and 4 years of eligibility left. Be interesting to see how that goes this year with all the schools changing coaches. Might not have to have NCAA issues to incentivize guys to take a look.

Didn’t some call MuLLLLLLen a home run hire?

Dan Mullen was not capable of handling the expectation that goes with coaching the Gators. I frankly have no idea who they’ll get. I hope they don’t go after Freeze. Anybody dumb enough to hire hookers with their school issued mobile device can’t be trusted with a Tier 1 program.

Reactions: kcvols1
If that's the depth of your analysis, then there is no point, in engaging in conversation.
I agree with you. In 2017 we were about the same. In 2016 we actually win the SEC East if Jones doesnt piss it away against Vandy. Never let facts get in the way when it's easier to find excuses.

Dan Mullen was not capable of handling the expectation that goes with coaching the Gators. I frankly have no idea who they’ll get. I hope they don’t go after Freeze. Anybody dumb enough to hire hookers with their school issued mobile device can’t be trusted with a Tier 1 program.

What expectations was he not capable of handling? (aside from beating who you’re supposed to beat)

Lane Kiffin is talked a lot about. Apparently he contacted UF because he is interested in it. Also his Ex-wife is the Daughter of Gators great QB Reeves. I know Lane wants the job, but I think the Gators go with Billy Napier unless LSU gets him. The UF admin likes Napier a lot and he fits the Spurrier, Meyer, Bill D model of a young successful up and coming coach. I would prefer Napier anyways.

My list of who I want in order (realistic candidates):

Top tier:

Napier
Fickell
Freeze (they probably won't even touch him)

Next tier:
Kiffin
Campbell
Miranda'

Cristobal would make a recruiting juggernaut and he would win some games and have some success, but he isn't a great xs and os coach and he would have some subpar seasons. He reminds me of a Cuban version of Jimbo Fisher.

What expectations was he not capable of handling? (aside from beating who you’re supposed to beat)

Championships are the expectation at UF. In 4 seasons Dan had 0 SEC titles, 0 national titles, 0 trips to the playoffs, and terrible recruiting. The talent on the roster was getting worse and worse. The recruiting class this year is horrible. Dan is a stubborn fool that hired terrible assistant coaches and then stuck with them and refused to fire them even after years of failure. Also he played inferior seniors over superior underclassmen like Emory Jones over Anthony Richardson. He is not a championship caliber coach.

People talk about last season, but Mullen wasted it. If Mullen wasn't an idiot and didn't hire a bad DC like Grantham he probably would have been in the playoffs. Also Kyle Trask, Kyle Pitts, and Toney were all McElwain recruits. Mullen is so stubborn. He only started Dak at MSU because the QB ahead of him became injured. He only started Trask because Franks became injured. He should have started Richardson over Emory, but he didn't because of blind loyalty and seniority.

VN Store

Back