Mueller Report Imminent

Alternative facts: Russia didn't care which candidate won!

Reality:

D7wElu_WwAE_tD4.png:large

Reactions: Septic and tvolsfan
Alternative facts: Russia didn't care which candidate won!

Reality:

D7wElu_WwAE_tD4.png:large

This may be what pisses Donny off the most, the suggestion that he didn't win solely of his own volition. He had help, whether or not he wants to admit it. The effectiveness of the Russian interference is debatable - but its presence is not.

This may be what pisses Donny off the most, the suggestion that he didn't win solely of his own volition. He had help, whether or not he wants to admit it. The effectiveness of the Russian interference is debatable - but it's presence is not.

He has yet to acknowledge what the Russians did.

Not needed for common sense. I am not confident you have not embezzled your employer. Prove your innocence to me.
So what were the crimes in the Mule Report?

That's not what Mueller stated. This isn't that complicated, if you took a second to read Mueller's comments objectively you may get this right eventually.

Mueller said today that if the President clearly hadn't committed a crime he would have said so.

Conversely then would that mean that if the President had committed a crime he would have said so?

Is the only reason indictment/prosecution wasn't recommended is because the OLC had suggested that a sitting President cannot (should not) be indicted?

No. He basically says that to postulate as to the president’s guilt, without then holding a trial where he could contest the allegation, would be unfair to the president. Seems like sort of the same logic behind the “of the Dems think he’s guilty, they should impeach him” narrative we’re getting now.

Think of absolute guilt as a -1 and absolute innocence as 1 on a y-axis.

If you read the report without making any inferences, Mueller is saying is that Trump’s conduct falls somewhere between -1 and .9999, in terms of obstruction.

I think that there are reasonable inferences that can be made to narrow that down to between -1 and 0, but in a vacuum, it’s -1 to .9999.

I have not read the whole report, just snippets that held my interest as I do not have the patience or the give enough of a sh!t to read the whole thing. RockyTop85, you have said that you have read through the whole report and since you're an attorney, I believe that you understood what exactly is in that over 400 pages of legalese.

The question I have that I hope you can answer is this:

Does the Mueller report list those things that Trump has allegedly done, that if he were not President, would be an indictable crime?

There are, IIRC, 10 categories of conduct to which the special counsel applies the law. Each section contains an analysis of the three elements of obstruction and what the proof of those elements is.

The report does use phrases such as “substantial evidence” but no ultimate conclusions are drawn as to whether the conduct meets the elements.

If that is so, what exactly are those specific actions that Trump allegedly did that Mueller considers criminal?

See above.
I can summarize my thoughts, but I can’t tell you what Mueller thinks.

Another question, not specifically for you, but just a musing on my part:

Why didn't Mueller specifically list those criminal acttions today , much in the way Comey did when Comey held his news conference regarding Hillary's email server?Barr's interpretation of his conversation with Mueller makes me wonder if those two even speak the same language. Instead of clearing matters up, Mueller's conference today and his report in general, just muddied up the waters more, if that's possible.

Does anyone really know what the hell is going on anymore?

Reactions: McDad
I remember when McCain was revered....until he decided to bash Trump.

I remember when McCain was revered because he was willing to tackle hard issues like campaign finance reform; then he became just another of the political herd grazing at the trough.

I remember when McCain was revered because he was willing to tackle hard issues like campaign finance reform; then he became just another of the political herd grazing at the trough.

IIRC, that's when he initially started losing Republican voters, right?

No. He basically says that to postulate as to the president’s guilt, without then holding a trial where he could contest the allegation, would be unfair to the president. Seems like sort of the same logic behind the “of the Dems think he’s guilty, they should impeach him” narrative we’re getting now.

Think of absolute guilt as a -1 and absolute innocence as 1 on a y-axis.

If you read the report without making any inferences, Mueller is saying is that Trump’s conduct falls somewhere between -1 and .9999, in terms of obstruction.

I think that there are reasonable inferences that can be made to narrow that down to between -1 and 0, but in a vacuum, it’s -1 to .9999.

There are, IIRC, 10 categories of conduct to which the special counsel applies the law. Each section contains an analysis of the three elements of obstruction and what the proof of those elements is.

The report does use phrases such as “substantial evidence” but no ultimate conclusions are drawn as to whether the conduct meets the elements.

See above.
I can summarize my thoughts, but I can’t tell you what Mueller thinks.
OK, tell me what your thoughts are, if it is more than the -1 t0 .9999. I guess I'm interested in those specific actions that could be interpreted as being close to a -1.

Having just watched all of Mueller's statement today, the only thing that is really clear is that he wants to be done with all this, doesn't want to appear before Congress and does not want to talk further about this investigation. "The investigation is my testimony."

If the House of Representatives moves forward with impeachment proceedings, don't you think that there is a good chance that Mueller will be called as a witness? If that is the case, Mueller's wish to be a hermit has as much chance as luther wearing a MAGA hat because he supports Trump's reelection.

Reactions: AM64
IIRC, that's when he initially started losing Republican voters, right?

I wouldn't think so; most of us who seem to favor term limits seem to be on the right side. But, yeah, I understand the fairy tales that only the GOP gets campaign finance bribes by the big corporations and donors.

VN Store

Back