MSU loss helps our bowl game ranking?

Volunteer16

We now have the same record as them, assuming we win tomorrow afternoon.
Had they won both Mississippi school teams would get better bowls than us. Now can we hop over them? What bowls might be in the picture for us now?

We now have the same record as them, assuming we win this afternoon.
Had they won both Mississippi school teams would get better bowls than us. Now can we hop over them? What bowls might be in the picture for us now?
I've read that the 2 big games for us will be UK vs UL and the SECCG. We need UL and bama to win. If they do we would move way up the board for several bowls and with the excitement surrounding the program right now, we likely get a nicer bowl than we could have imagined being possible over the next few seasons.

I've read that the 2 big games for us will be UK vs UL and the SECCG. We need UL and bama to win. If they do we would move way up the board for several bowls and with the excitement surrounding the program right now, we likely get a nicer bowl than we could have imagined being possible over the next few seasons.

The SECCG only matters if you think a 2nd loss keeps Bama out of the Playoffs which I don't think any reasonable person believes.

LSU over A&M would help some.

Reactions: J C Higgins
1637946067455.png

f0klg1jigenguzwkvclx.jpg

And...I'll TAKE THAT!

I don’t think that either of those really matter in regards to UT’s bowl prospects. I guess there’s an outside chance that a KY loss would drop them out of the Outback, but that would likely be filled by Arkansas if they beat Mizzou today. Tennessee seems destined for the Gator/Music City/ Dukes bowls.

The SECCG only matters if you think a 2nd loss keeps Bama out of the Playoffs which I don't think any reasonable person believes.

Unless all hell breaks loose over the next two weeks, there’s no chance of Alabama getting in the playoffs with two losses.

Sorry, I'm not rooting for "that team" no matter how much it helps us.

I don't think the mississippi teams matter that much. They're west so tougher schedules. If we leap them, it's because of fan support (ticket sales).

There should be no way a 2 loss team makes the playoffs even if it is bama. Time to let a fresh face have a shot.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
Unless all hell breaks loose over the next two weeks, there’s no chance of Alabama getting in the playoffs with two losses.

UGA gets in. Ohio State or Michigan if they win out. Cincy if they win out gets in.

I don't think anyone else can reasonably catch Alabama. They have the #1 SOS before even playing UGA.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State even if they win out do not have the resume to get in. They have struggled to beat anyone handily. OKst barely beat a D2 team, Oklahoma only wins in close games and easily fails the eye test.

Notre Dame has the best argument, their SOS is 13th but they end with Stanford and will likely end up at about #20 and do not have a conference champ game so I would compare an 11-1 Bama vs a 11-1 ND.

If Bama gets blown out against UGA, that is the only scenario I see them being on the outs. Then I think Notre Dame likely fills in.

Reactions: NashvilleFan
There should be no way a 2 loss team makes the playoffs even if it is bama. Time to let a fresh face have a shot.

Saying you are bored of a team doesn't justify them not being in.

I'm sorry and I hate Bama as much as the next person on here, but you can't tell me that you believe that Oklahoma, OkST, or Notre Dame is better than Alabama head to head or when factoring in SOS even if ALA loses twice.

Alabasabana is slipping. The rest of the SEC is slowly but surely creeping up on them.

And to think, when he said that, it was an insult to UT. The good old days................

Pleases me to no end that UT was the team that sent him into retirement. I'd rather have a sister who is a crack addict than Spurrier as a next-door neighbor.

Go Vols.

Pleases me to no end that UT was the team that sent him into retirement. I'd rather have a sister who is a crack addict than Spurrier as a next-door neighbor.

Go Vols.
I gotta be honest...I might hate UF more than anyone on this board.........but I freaking loved ye 'Ole Ball Coach.

Reactions: CSVol

VN Store

Back